Wednesday, January 22, 2014

2013 Recap

Gosh I'm so late to the game on these, but whatever - this is a fun recap of what went down in 2013.

I'd say the biggest highlights of my year were the five trips I took and BUYING MY HOUSE!!

January:
I went to the YMCA trivia night with my dad (right before my brother left for DC) and made brownies.  I also did a bunch of other random things like switch my work schedule, hang out with my family and start hanging out with my cousins more.

February:
I was still reading back then (man totally forgot that was 2013).  We went to Mardi Gras.  And I had an awesome Valentines Day.  We also did things like Motorcycle Racing on Ice and Roller Derby. Michelle and I also started our Fantasy Reality TV game.
Mardi Gras


March:
A big month - Dan and I celebrated our one year anniversary.  We saw Book of Mormon at the Fox.  I also celebrated my 29th birthday!!  Mom, Lindsey and me went to visit Keith in Washington, DC (Getting There, Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4)

WWII Memorial


April:
We had a big party for Dan's 30th Birthday.  I made him a pie (my first!)  We also went to a trivia night and concert.
Rhubarb Pie!

May:
We hung out with my cousins a bunch.  We went to Art in the Square.  Celebrated Mother's Day.  And went to a Gateway Grizzlies game.
Cousin fun at Hot Shots

June: 
I went shopping and got pedicures with a friend (um this happened a lot last year).  I celebrated Father's Day with my dad.  Mom and I went to Wait Wait Don't Tell Me.  I also began the house buying process this month, although I didn't blog about it.
Dad and Me on Father's Day

July:
We celebrated Fourth of July by watching fireworks.  I announced I was house hunting.  Lindsey and I took a trip to Daytona.  And I put a contract on the house!!!
Reading and enjoying the beach from afar

August:
Dan, Kyle and myself took a trip to Colorado (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3).  I took a trip to Chicago with my dad (Part 1, Part 2).  I gave Susan the baby blanket I'd worked on for her.  Oh and I purchased a house!


Dan and I in Colorado

September:
Dan and I started to get settled in the house.  Bought some couches.  I started thrift store shopping more.  I went to a wedding.
Selfie at Debra's wedding


October:
My friend Melissa came to visit.  Went to a Cardinals playoff game.  Went to Rocky Horror Picture Show.  And I hung out with a my family.
Mel and I at Botanical Gardens
 
Cardinal's Playoff Game!

November:
I blogged everyday for the month of November.  Lindsey and I got tattoos together.  I went to a football game with my dad and friend Michelle.  We went to Omaha to celebrate Lindsey's birthday. (Part 1, Part 2)  We celebrated Dan's sister - Amy's wedding.
Omaha Zoo
 
Dan and I at Amy's wedding

December:
I got to put up my Christmas decorations for the first time in 2 years.  Went to a Blues game. And enjoyed the Christmas season!
Christmas tree!

1 comment:

dsdddwddgdd said...

this sounds like a delightful year for you. its amazing what can happen in a year, especially when all the months are viewed together! here's to wishes for an equally good 2014. ha....the thing that shows i'm not a robot starts with "14"!