Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Weekend in Review

During the weekend I started it out pretty irritated/annoyed/depressed.  I had found out that a house I thought would work out to rent wasn't going to happen, some fighting with the boyfriend, deciding to finally put a status on Facebook looking for a new home for my cats, and another thing just compounded to just feeling irritated and sad and all that jazz.

Luckily Friday night was just what I needed.  Dan and I met my two cousins/friends (friesins... cousends... no neither of those sound good) Dave and Andy and one of their coworkers at Hot Shots in South County.  We drank pitchers of beer, played darts, picked weird music for the jukebox and just had a good time together.  It was the perfect relaxing evening I needed.
The very full beer I poured for Dan... he's hiding from my picture taking...
Love these guys!
On Saturday I was admittedly hungover... being old does that to you me thinks... After Dan forced me out of bed we went over to Andy's to hang out and watch the Cardinals game, Kentucky Derby, NASCAR race, and Blues game (a lot going on.)

Dan even brought presents for Andy's two kids - a plastic bead kit for Abby and a Nerf gun for Ari.

It was a nice evening Andy and Dan bbqed.
I may have had one of each :-/
On Sunday I was supposed to go to a family picnic for my mom's work group, but probably one of those things above just made my stomach all uneasy... I'll spare you any details... so I mostly just stayed close to the bathroom... very exciting I know.

While I'm still in a bit of a funk... I'm hoping that it will go away soon and I'll be back to my normal self.  There's been a lot of drama (for lack of a better word) and I just haven't been able to get fully over anything when the next thing hits.  Hopefully the rest of this week will be relaxing.

1 comment:

Christina said...

FYI The stomach flu is going around. Probably not something you ate. Last Sunday I was throwing up for several hours. Felt queasy the next day and stayed home from work. Then my MIL was sick Tuesday. Danielle (our cousin who watches Grace) was sick Thursday-Friday, and then Drew was throwing up Saturday-Sunday. It is making its rounds and usually lasts a day or two.

The pic of you at the table cracks me up! :)