Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Weekend in Review - Mother's Day!

Honestly... I put off writing this post for a bit... I've just been having a rough time lately...  I don't really know how much I want to put it all out there... maybe in time, but right now it's just not blog worthy...

On Friday Dan and I went to Gringo Jones near the Botanical Gardens.  His friend Kyle had told us about it, so we checked it out.  They have so much stuff there... it's pretty incredible.  I really enjoyed looking around, but there was nothing that I particularly wanted/needed.  Dan ended up getting a cast iron bottle opener and a Mexican blanket for Daddy (his dog).
love the giraffe - this is the outdoor part...
That night we went over to Fairmont Park to go to the horse races.  They do something called Party at the Park which is $13 entrance fee and included a buffet and cheap drinks.  It was a lot of fun... I didn't bet anything, but honestly I'm not a gambler.  But it was fun cheering for the ones others selected.  The food is pretty mediocre... but cheap drinks and good company is always nice.

Skip ahead to Saturday night... I went to dinner with my dad to celebrate my birthday (hey only about 2 months late), Sarah getting a job in DC and Connor being in town... and hey, why not Mother's Day as well.  We went to Three Kings Pub.  It was really delicious.  Very good food and very good company.  I liked that they had hard cider on tap, which I love.

On Sunday we celebrated Mother's Day.  Our original plan was to go to the Laumeier Art Fair, but it was really crowded (hey, what wasn't?) so instead we ended up at Grant's Farm which was a lot of fun.  We got a funnel cake, watched the elephant show, fed the baby goats and mom even got a camel ride!
She looked a bit scared
Next we went to lunch and ended up at City Diner on South Grand... and believe it or not, I did NOT get the french toast.  I know you're shocked, but I didn't want the sweet, I got a fried egg sandwich and it was yummy!

We finished off the day by going to Ted Drewes.

Lindsey and I got the new s'more concrete and mom got the lemon crumb... Mom's was better in my opinion.

We had a lot of fun and great weather.  I always love hanging out with my mom and sister.  I really have a wonderful family and especially a fantastic mom.  Also, a big thank you to my sister for doing the driving!

Sunday night I'll tell you about in a different post!

2 comments:

dsdddwddgdd said...

mother's day was really enjoyable for me. thank you SO much! when people asked me what i did for mother's day, i said i rode a camel. that got pretty good responses each time. oh, as for gringo jones.........grandpa liked that place also. i guess you didn't know. hang in there......this too will pass. good stuff and bad stuff......both pass with time.

Susan said...

Grants farm looks fun! That camel ride looks like a lot of fun. We will have to try that this summer.