Thursday, May 30, 2013

Weekend in Review - Memorial Day

Can you believe we've hit the un-official beginning of summer? It's crazy it's almost June - where has this year gone??

I'm a little late in getting this post up since Monday was the holiday and then Tuesday and Wednesday I was in a training class... but I really do like talking about what I do on the weekends so here it is... hopefully I don't forget anything really important!

You'll see the theme of the weekend was spending time with my cousins.  Dan likes them.  I like them.  So why not?!?

On Friday night my cousin Ben came over to Dan's place.  Before we left Dan got his new painting delivered.  Back when we went to the Queeny Park Art Fair he met a woman who did a custom piece for him.  I think it turned out pretty good.
The piece on the left is his new one.  The piece on the right he's had for awhile.
After the artist and her husband stayed and chatted for awhile we headed down to Lemmon's to get some pizza.  We met Andy there.  They serve the same pizza as Blackthorn, but it's easier to get in.  They serve deep dish, and if you're not a big cheese fan you probably won't like the pizza.  We ordered a pepperoni but ended up with a supreme.

After we finished the pizza we went over to Flip Flop Cantina with the idea to sit on the patio.  But b/c I'm a girl and get cold easily I made everyone sit inside.  I wouldn't really recommend this place unless you are trying to underage drink... but whatever, we still had a good time.

Saturday we pretty much hung around the apartment all day, now that Dan is working he's less go-go-go which is fine by me.  The night we went over to Andy's place for BBQ and hanging out.  We pretty much spent the entire time on his deck.  It was really nice.  Great weather, great company, just an all around good time.

That night will forever be remembered as the night someone threw a tomato at us... haha... a story for another time.

On Sunday, first we met up at Hooters and had some lunch. Then we went to the Grizzlies game.  (by we I mean me, Dan, Andy, Ben, Kyle, and his g/f, Melissa)  I bought a Groupon awhile back for it and we went on Sunday since it had to be a Sunday through Thursday game and Monday was Memorial Day so we were all off work anyway.  It was really awesome weather.  I really enjoy Grizzly park since you get the baseball experience without the Busch Stadium price.
We moved to these seats b/c less people.
Afterwards we ended up back at - surprise - Andy's place on the deck... good times hanging out there again.

On Monday we kept it low key.  Dan ended up making some burgers.  They were tasty.  We mostly just relaxed.  It was nice.

Overall Memorial Day weekend was wonderful.  It was just perfect and relaxing and what I needed after the funk I've been in.  I'm already looking forward to the next weekend.

No comments: