Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Easy Blondies - NEW RECIPE

(this post would have been better with a picture... hey - look at my weekend posts... at least I'm getting better...)

On Sunday I felt like making something... and I was craving a blondie... not that I've ever made them before, but they are delicious.

After looking at Walmart for a box mix (you'd think they would have that right??) I realized they didn't make that... so I left with nothing.

Later in the day I googled around for an easy blondie recipe.  I could make it the normal way, but honestly didn't want to have to buy every.single.ingredient. (Dan doesn't have anything...)

I googled around and found this recipe that boasted you only needed 4 ingredients - sold!

Dan already had the butter and eggs too - so really I only needed to get to ingredients.

I got a yellow cake mix and decided to change it up by getting peanut butter and chocolate chips.

Since it was just the two of us I also cut the recipe in half (I may have over poured on the chips...)

I wasn't sure it was all going to work out since it was just four ingredients and then I went and cut it in half... but they turned out good.

They were not what I was craving, but they were fluffy and really good.  Dan ate nearly the whole pan so I know he liked them.  They are super easy and not that many ingredients.  I would make them again and vary the recipe even more (different kind of box cake mix, different chips, etc)

1 comment:

Susan said...

Yum. I love blondies. Why don't they have a mix for that yet?!