Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekend in Review - Concert and Trivia

Another weekend come and gone... how fast they seem to go :)

This weekend felt like a good mix of doing stuff and relaxing.

The weekend started on Thursday night... where I worked out and watched Project Runway finale.  I'm bummed this season is over, I really like that show!  The two people that got first and second where the two I picked to win based on their runway shows, although I think it was pretty obvious that entire episode... so it's not like I predicted anything crazy haha.

On Friday morning I got up and worked out and then headed over to Dan's.  We got lunch together (Chinese buffet) which was nice (the getting lunch together the buffet was only eh).

That night we did a little running around and then met his friend Kyle and his friend Melissa at Buffalo Brewing Company.  This place is right next to Pappy's in case you were wondering.  It was good, the beer I had was good and the food was too.  We got pizza and pretzels.

After dinner we went over to The Demo to see a band play - LucaBrasi.  The lead singer of the group is friends with Kyle.  This is my second time seeing the band, the first was last September at the Fire Bird, but they were playing U2 cover songs.  Anywho... The Demo is connected to Atomic Cowboy in The Grove.  It was a lot of fun, although my ears were ringing into the next day :).  After the show we hung out at Atomic Cowboy until almost 2 am... I was beginning to get sleepy!
LucaBrasi playing at The Demo
What's written on the bathroom wall at Atomic Cowboy... with my creepy ghost-like figure
The fire pit in back and hey... you can see Kyle in the pic

We got back to my car and as we were driving I hit my windshield wipers and something flew off.  I thought out loud, geez, I hope that wasn't a parking ticket, but didn't think too much of it...  (I'll just go ahead and finish this story).  The next day when we saw Kyle again he's like did you get a parking ticket too - and it was like dang I hoped it wasn't that.  Luckily I was able to take a picture of his ticket and was able to pay it online today.  It's just so annoying to me that they wrote us a parking ticket and didn't put it in a place where we could see it.  Like had it flown off, when would I have gotten the notification?  How much would I had to pay in late charges? Ugh... it's just annoying to even think about... but luckily that didn't happen.
Curses!!
On Saturday we lounged around in the morning and then headed over to Kyle's house... which we hung out at until Trivia Night!!  I've probably said this about a million times, but trivia nights are so much fun.  This one was good too, it was small, but I was actually helpful - TV theme songs - check... pop culture - check... Will Ferrel - check... sadly all those rounds were first so I wasn't as helpful as the night when on, but whatever, I did something dang it!!

I made a dip, but it was way overshadowed by the other food at the table, including Dan's amazing Captn Crunch rice krispie treat things... yum!!

In the end we got second place!!  Out of 9 teams, but whatevs, we had a good time.

On Sunday it was really just relaxation... Dan took a nap and I watched a bunch of episodes of How I Met Your Mother on Netflix.

Countdown to the next weekend has begun!!

No comments: