Monday, April 22, 2013

Weedend in Review - A nice break

My weekend started out on Thursday (man, I love having every Friday off... someday when I inevitably have to change my schedule I'm going to be super bummed).  I went to Zumba with my sister and then just chilled at home.

On Friday morning I was planning on getting up early and working out, but I slept in and it was amazing!!  Seriously, it was great to just sleep in!

My sister and I had plans to have lunch at one of our favorite restaurants - The King and I. It is Thai food and it is delicious.  I will say that they re-did the restaurant and the food is different.  While it's not the same as it was, it's still good, I just liked the old stuff better.  The vegetarian spring rolls were amazing - the flaky shell and the sauce - YUM... but now they are different.  So it's a bit of a bummer.  I still like going here, just sad they changed recipes.

After the lunch we headed down the street to Cheap Trx.  Lindsey had a lot of business to attend to at the tattoo/piercing shop.  Mostly she wanted to make an appointment to get her dream catcher tattoo touched up.  Lately when we've gone in there they say you have to make an appointment, but surprisingly they were able to do it right then - and it went quick too.  The tattoo looks so much better now (although we totally should have taken before/after pics)

When we got back home I went to work out and then up to Dan's.  Friday night we really didn't do much, but he got a new BBQ pit - so we had some yummy barbecue.  We made bratwurst burgers - and they were delicious.

On Saturday I met Susan and we got pedicures (she got a manicure too).  It was a lot of fun to relax and get my toes all purty.
Yes... I took these just as I was writing this blog
After our relaxation we went over to CJ Mugs for a bridal shower for a coworker.  It was an great bridal shower, they did a really great job and I'm so happy for my friend.  I wish I was able to go to the wedding, but they are getting married in Florida and I just don't have the money :( but I can't wait to see all the pictures!
ignore the one on the far right... not really friends with her anymore...
Saturday night, we really had a low key night at Dan's... he made some more meat on his grill (pork) it was tasty!

Sunday was a lot of the same... just hung around his apartment, except to run to the grocery store... but after the busy-ness I've been having lately it was really nice to just relax.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Hopefully we will run into each other at the gym more often! I usually only use the treadmills when the weather is too cold to run, and I do cross training on Tuesdays and Fridays.

The class I was at last week I had NO CLUE what I was doing! :P

Susan said...

I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend! It was so nice to get pedicures together! Lets do it again soon!