Friday, April 12, 2013

Number 4 - Fifty Shades Darker

On my trip to DC I finished my fourth book this year - Fifty Shades Darker.
This story is a continuation of the first book.  It picks right back up where the first book left off.  Here's some things I have to say about it in an easy-to-read list.

  • I think this whole book takes place in like 2 weeks 'real time' (that may be an overstatement)... so let me tell you it would be the most stressful two weeks... ever!
  • As my mom put so well... what made the first book exciting made this book kind of annoying.  This comment is in regards to the sex element of the book... about half way through I stopped reading those passages all together... it got sooo redundant.
  • This book didn't really have an over-arching plot line which I found annoying.  It was just a bunch of little events that would get resolved in a chapter or two.  This made it hard for me to want to finish it.  Mostly it made me want to go to the next chapter, but within a page of that chapter whatever it was resolved itself.
  • Speaking of plot, to me it felt like the same basic plot over and over again... she loves him, he loves her, she thinks she can never be enough, he tells her she is, they have sex... rinse, wash, repeat
  • How incredible would it be though to have this rich, handsome guy love you like that though... pretty unbelievable haha
Overall... I wasn't that impressed with the second book, but I'm into the third book now, and eager to see how it all turns out.

No comments: