Thursday, April 11, 2013

My birthday!!

About two weeks ago was my 29th birthday.  Let's not talk about the fact this is the last birthday before I turn 30 ::shutter::

How did I spend my 29th birthday?  In a car of course!  We drove back from DC to St. Louis on my birthday.  This equaled 15 hours in the car in 7 different states.  When I put it that way it sounds awesome huh?

We did stop at Hillbilly Hot dogs along the way.
in Huntington, WV
That makes the THIRD time we would eat hot dogs on the trip...

Here are the hot dogs we got:

Ala Cheesy Beefie Weenie:  American Cheese, deep fried weenie, nacho cheese, bacon, mac wedge (deep friend mac and cheese), chili sauce and shredded cheese

Pineapplelachian Dog:  Beef weenie, bbq sauce, country ham, shredded cheese, topped with crushed pineapple

Out Wayne Dog:  Nacho cheese, bacon, sauce, jalapenos, onions, and shredded cheese

and a corn dog (which hard to believe was my mom's first one...)

There I go with the silly face again!
This place had all the Hillybilly details...
Like a table in a bath tub
and a redneck fire alarm
They even gave me a piece of pink birthday cake.

But that was just my actual birthday day...

On the Friday after I got back I had a happy hour with close friends and family at Patricks - my go-to happy hour place.  I had so so much fun with everyone.  Those that came out - Dan, Susan, Andy, Dad, Janet, Michelle, Ben, Kyle, Liz and Ken - I had so much fun I forgot to take any pictures - whoops.

But Michelle did give me an awesome Jilly's Cupcake - Strawberry Cheesecake

Just this past weekend I went shopping with my mom, grandma, sister and aunt and I got four dresses... 3 from grandma and the other one from Lindsey. (for some reason I can't find one of them online... but it's multicolored, and light and has a skinny belt)

All from JCP
Other gift... my mom is planning on getting me some new tennis shoes - which will come in handy at the gym!

My brother got me a t-shirt at Ben's Chili Bowl which I like a lot.

Finally, Dan gave me a new charm for my necklace... a dragonfly
It's from Tiffany... it came in the blue box and everything... so sweet.

Overall - I had a wonderful birthday this year... now all I have to look forward to is 30 (weep)

1 comment:

Susan said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday! Happy 29th!! You've to a whole year till 30 so don't worry ;)