Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Fantasy Survivor

It's no secret I am a Survivor fan... when this blog first began I even tried my hand at writing recaps for them... but I realized I'm just not that funny!

For about a year now I have been watching Survivor with my good friend Michelle.  We order pizza and watch (and talk).  It's a lot of fun.  Somewhere during last season I told Michelle we should pick people we think are going to win and have a fantasy Survivor team challenge and she totally thought it was a great idea.

A couple of weeks before the season I printed out the picture and bios of the castaways that I found on ew.com.  That way we'd have a little bit about each person.
not sure why it's vertical instead of horizontal
 
On the day of the premiere episode we decided to watch the episode and then pick our teams.  Of course this created an odd castaway out, but whatever - it worked for us.  We also decided to pick based on the tribes, so we'd each have half of each tribe.  This is mostly because it's Fans vs. Favorites, so we have an equal number of each on our fantasy teams.
 
We rock, paper, scissored to see who would have first pick... and lucky Michelle won.
 
Here's Michelle's "team":  Favorites- Malcolm, Andrea, Dawn, and Corinne and Fans- Matt, Eddie Fox, Julia, Sherri, and Allie (already eliminated)

And here's mine:

Brenda - I picked her b/c she's cute and I think she can play a strategic game... she hasn't gotten any air time yet which makes me nervous.


Erik - I picked him b/c I like him, and I think he'll be nimble and good at challenges... he did make one of the most idiotic moves in Survivor history though...

Cochran - I like his awkwardness and goofiness... I think he could fly under the radar a bit

Brandon - All that was left was him and Phillip... and I just could no stand to 'root' for Phillip all season so he was really just the less of two evils.

That rounds out my pics for Favorites to win... Francesca was voted out at the first tribal council (poor girl voted out first twice!) and so that left one odd one out... and he's an odd one indeed... Phillip... so if he ends up winning... well... either Michelle or I will win... or we both win... whichever!

For the Fans...

Laura - after watching the first episode, she seems smart in the strategic game... I think she has a shot.

Shamar - when I first saw the line up on castaways I immediately thought that he looked like the type of person that could win Survivor... I however should have realized during the first episode that he was lazy and probably wouldn't be the winner... episode two really proved that point... so this one is probably not a good pick...

Michael - I think he's in a good position to get it.  He seems a bit strategic, from what I can tell can hold his own in challenges... I think he might be a bit of a under the radar player... but I think it's a decent pick

Hope - I mostly picked her because it was getting towards the end and she's from Missouri... so why not root for her?

Reynold - I got stuck with this guy... unless he makes a serious change with his strategy I don't think he will win... he kinda comes off as a douchenozzle... but he does have the HII so maybe it will work out in my favor

So there you have it... who's going to win?  I'm so excited to find out - I think I just found a way to make Survivor even more fun!! 

No comments: