Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend in Review - Theaters galore

Let's first start off with some cuteness shall we?

We got a new picture of the bird... and we also found out that all three birds are females... so that's what we'll be getting - can you believe how different they already look?  I'm going to post all three pics.

Alright... back the regularly scheduled weekend recap... except I don't regularly do this... although I should and probably will... maybe... who knows...

On Friday day, Dan and I had lunch at Cheeburger Cheeburger.   We had talked about going here before and then he mentioned it again recently.  Then this past week there was a Groupon for it... I took that as a sign, bought the Groupon and we went.  It was very good.  I love a burger place that I can customize what I want.  I also really enjoyed the diner feel.  I had a burger with smoked Gouda, bacon (and they made it perfectly), jalapenos and 1000 island dressing, it was yummy.  I also got fries loaded with cheese and chili.  I can't remember what Dan got on his burger (blue cheese was one of the ingredients, barf) and fried pickles, which were very tasty.  They also have like a million (their claim) different kinds of shakes you can order.  We didn't get one, but maybe next time.  I also liked the retro diner feel.  Overall, it was a tasty meal!

That night my mom, sister and I went to see Book of Mormon at the Fox, but not before getting some food first.  We went to one of our favorites - The Fountain on Locust.  Sadly, we didn't have time for dessert, but our meal was tasty.  I love love love their Cajun Corn Chowder.

Then we headed over to the Fox.  I helped my grandma get tickets to Book of Mormon for my mom for Christmas.  My mom couldn't decide who she wanted to take, so she ended up getting an extra ticket in the same section so we could all three go.  It was super nice of her, and I'm so happy I was able to see it.  It was wonderful.  It was funny and fun to watch and racy and great.  I'm not sure how much you know about Book of Mormon but it is the creation of the South Park people.  So it's not for the easily offended.  (I mean I think the word clitoris was said about a 100 times).  In my opinion, it's totally worth seeing... it's really as great as they say.  Although, I think most Broadway shows are.  Here's a picture of my sister and be before we left - we're some good looking ladies!

On Saturday, I spent most of the day trapped watching Law and Order SVU... all repeats, and all episodes I could actually remember how they ended when they began yet still sat there and watched them.

That night Dan and I (along with my cousin Ben) went to Off Broadway for the Kentucky Knife Fight CD release party.  I really enjoy going to Off Broadway, seems like a fun venue.  This is the third time we've seen Kentucky Knife Fight there (once last year when we first started dating, once on New Years and this time.)  I actually enjoy their music, and enjoyed the opening bands as well.  Next time though, I need to wear different shoes, my feet were hurting by the end of the night and since I was the driver home I couldn't really drink that pain away, haha.  Still, we had a good time.  I know that I used to not like all that live music stuff and going to concerts, but I am enjoying it with Dan which makes me wonder why I didn't like it.  I think part of it is he picks good bands to see.  Maybe I just get the concept of seeing live music more these days as well?  I'm not sure.  Either way, it's one of my bigger changes since meeting my man.

Sunday was a very low key kinda day... but that's totally okay with me.  We watched a movie I've wanted to see for awhile (V for Vendetta) and mostly just lounged around.  The nice part was for dinner Dan cooked a homemade lasagna... he really is pretty talented in the kitchen, I'm a lucky lady!

1 comment:

Susan said...

That's crazy how much the birds have grown in such a short time! Exciting!