Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Weekend in Review - St. Patrick's Day

Another weekend in the books - time seems to fly by when you put it into little blog posts like this.

Let's see what was I up to this past weekend?

On Thursday night Dan cooked us a nice dinner - at my request.  He's so good with the grill - so he made brats, asparagus and baked potatoes - yum yum!

Friday morning I finally went and joined the gym.  Back in December I bought a LivingSocial deal for a one year gym membership at Club Fitness.  I wanted to wait until after January because I always hear people biotching about the 'resolutioners' so I wanted to try to avoid that.  That excuse doesn't really explain why I didn't go in February... but the deal expired on March 18th... so I got it in!  Hopefully we when we get back from our DC trip I'll figure out a good routine that works for me.

Friday night Dan and I went to dinner with his sister and her boyfriend to Circle 7 Ranch.  It's this nice place near Dan's apartment in Town and Country.  This is the second time we've been, but the first time we went later at night and only ordered one appetizer and drinks.  This time we ordered dinner and I have to say it's a pretty good place.  We had the toaster ravioli and pretzels with cheese dip to start.  Both were excellent, especially the pretzels!  It comes with this pepper jack cheese dip that's just amazing.  For dinner I had a BLT, which was good, the bacon was cooked just right.  Dan had a burger, their thing is burgers - it looked really good.  I would have tried a bite, but he got blue cheese on it.  Their other 'thing' is some of the tables have taps of beer in them.  Then you can fill your own drink and get charged by the ounce.  I have no idea how much it costs, and I'm sure it's not the best deal in town - more for the novelty.  We haven't sat at those tables, but maybe sometime we'll be able to try it out.

On Saturday morning we went and looked at a house for rent.  I really liked it - way better than some of the other ones we looked at.  It's a small 2-bedroom place with an un-finished basement.  I really like that it's in a good area - close to my mom and cousin and some friends - and not too far from work.  It also has this amazing deck on the back.  The one downside is there is no dishwasher... but I hope that it works out, we should know later this week. 

Saturday night we went to my cousin Andy's house.  (a lot of driving Town and Country to Affton back to Town and Country back to Lemay - which is next to Affton)  They were having people over for St. Patty's Day.  While I didn't really drink much others did.  We ate some good food - Ashley (Andy's wife) made her version of Shepherd's Pie and we had some brats, sausages and slaw.  It was all very yummy.  And there were desserts - cookies, Irish creme cupcakes and green rice krispie treats.

Sunday was just a low-key sort of day - I made chili that Dan wouldn't eat because I put a squirt of ketchup in it (I wish I was joking).  We mostly just hung out and watched TV.

Another post with no picture - I really should work on that!

4 comments:

dsdddwddgdd said...

i hope you get the house near this house. and, the chili was yummy, except the jalapenos were just a little much for me. but really, really nice flavor. dan missed out!

Susan said...

No dishwasher!! That sounds horrible. I couldn't go back to living without it. Remember in college when we didn't have one and the dishes piled up so high maggots started growing? LOL

Jenn said...

Haha Susan - luckily (for me) that was BEFORE I actually moved in...

Susan said...

HA! I think it was also related to a disgusting boy that was supposed to do the dishes. YUCK!