Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Weekend in Review - One More Day Please

Are you liking these little weekend recaps?  I am!

When I got over to Dan's apartment on Thursday night I got to meet the bird.  I'd like to do a separate post about her - but I need more pictures, so stay tuned!

Friday-day was a pretty casual day.

Friday night we went to Pop's to watch a band Dan likes play.  I've never been to Pop's and I'm not really sure why.  It's one of those spots that people go to after the bars close in Missouri... better known as the East Side... just hasn't been a place I've been.  It was fun though.  Got to see some local bands and critique them - you know because I'm an expert and all :)

We went to see Vibe Steady.  They were pretty good, some of the other bands were probably better... some were way worse.  This is also a place that youngsters can go... so I felt pretty old, but it was fun to watch them and try to figure out who liked who and who didn't like who... created quite the story in my head.

After the concert we stopped by Taco Bell for fourth meal... or if you're being technical for me... about my second meal of the day... whatevs.  We did get to try the Cool Ranch Doritos Taco - which I'll give a thumbs up!

Saturday was the birthday of one of the best people I know - my mom!  Lindsey and I did a gift together.  We drew pictures of 6 different activities we could do together and she gets to pick one.  We folded up the pictures and put them inside Easter Eggs.  I put all the Easter eggs in a bag - so she was able to open them up one at a time.  I think she liked it and enjoyed seeing our craptastic pics (Lindsey's were much better than mine!)  The six choices we gave her were underground barge ride, movie, museum in DC (we're going there in a little over a week), dinner at the Melting Pot, painting pottery and Chippendales, which was totally a joke that we talked about earlier in the week, but if she wants to go, we'll go haha.

My two aunts and grandma met us to go to lunch at Red Lobster.  Can you believe we had to wait nearly 30 minutes for a table at 2 in the afternoon?  Random!  Then we headed over to Ronnies to see Oz, the Great and Powerful in IMAX 3D.
This entry needed a picture right?
 I liked it pretty much, but will go with the majority of what I've been hearing and say it is a little long.  Probably could have cut about 30 minutes and still made all the points that were needed.  I do also think with 3D movies such as this that they need to show you how cool the 3D-ness can be and show you many more flowers or scenery or whatever than you really need, but still looked really beautiful in 3D.

After the movie we went back to our house and ate some cake... yummy!

On Saturday night my cousin Andy had an impromptu party at his house so we went over there.  It was casual and fun - a very good group of people.  Dan and Andy barbecued and it was delicious!  We played some drinking games and even some old school Nintendo games... which I sucked horribly at.

On Sunday I wasn't feeling the greatest... but we still went back over to Andy's and watched the NASCAR race (I had to pick up my car anyway)... I'm thinking stupid NASCAR might be an every week thing... shoot me now I know way too much at this point...

I ended up calling in to work on Monday just because I wanted another day... and I hate daylight savings...  I didn't do much hung out with Dan for awhile then went home and caught up on TV shows.  I also went to dinner with my mom at Mimi's Cafe.

And that concludes a fun-filled weekend!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I'm excited to find out what your mom picks for her bday gift.

dsdddwddgdd said...

opening the gift eggs was really fun..........a gift in itself. my guess is we won't really do any of the egg gifts, but we might. it was just a really fun gift to open. i enjoy the pictures and the thought immensely. thank you to my beautiful daughters. i enjoy the rest of the post too. i'm excited to meet the bird.