Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Number 2 - Who could that be at this hour?

Here's the second book I read, Who could that be at this hour? in the All the Wrong Questions series by Lemony Snicket.
From Amazon
This is a kids book, I know... but I read Lemony Snicket's other book series - A Series of Unfortunate Events which I loved.  When I heard that he had a new series out I was totally excited.  His writing style is the same as in Unfortunate Events.  I know it is a kids book, but it's really enjoyable to read.  The story does not end at the end of this book... I think I saw there would be four in the series. 

Who could that be at this hour? follows the story of a young Lemony Snicket that works for an organization that's secret.  He ends up in a weird town and in midst of a mystery which is part of his training.  The story takes some twists and turns, but easy to follow (hey, it is a kids book!)  I love all the quirky characters he adds in his stories.  Like Unfortunate Events, they live in a world that is like ours but different, more magical at the same time.  I love that sort of whimsy. 

I'd recommend this book or any of his others.  I heard he has some more which I may look up at some point.

Happy Reading!!

No comments: