Thursday, February 14, 2013

Mardi Gras!!

Last Saturday I attended just my second Mardi Gras in St. Louis (the first was last year).  Until that point I had kind of avoided the whole Mardi Gras thing... just seemed like why would I want to go freeze my tushy off and be around a huge crowd of people that are all drinking... well... I'll tell you why... because is a fun time!  I was totally wrong about Mardi Gras I had a blast again this year.

This was Dan's first year at Mardi Gras... and he had a wonderful time too.  It really helps that I go with my friend Liz and her hubby.  They know a very nice fellow that lives down there and has one great house and party.  They have booze (a wide variety) and food (the best cornbread I've ever had) and clean bathrooms!  Oh,  and the decorate amazing for Mardi Gras... it's awesome

We got down there drank some (some of us more than others)... we went to the parade, caught a lot of beads, walked around, saw a drag performance, walked around, met up with my cousin, walked around, drank, and just had a good time.

The weather wasn't too bad, on the cold time but I dressed appropriately.  I only got a couple of pictures, but here they are... actually I take that back, I have about 100 pictures of the day, however they are mostly of me and Dan posing while Ken took the pics in rapid fire on the iphone (it's an awesome new feature)... I wanted to put all the pics into a slide show so I could so that weird moment in time in still photos but, I couldn't figure it out... so you'll have to settle for these.

Here's the best one of Dan and I - it's my new profile picture on Facebook..
And a kiss
I think it's funny how weird Dan is acting... even though it's blurry
Dan acting all gangster with Ken
And finally a pic of Liz and I

Can't wait for next year!!



No comments: