Tuesday, December 10, 2013

O Christmas Tree

After two years of sitting in a cold, sad storage unit - my Christmas decorations are out and lovingly displayed around my house.

I actually did the decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving, but I'm finally getting around to posting about it.

I'm an artificial tree lover... I'm not sure why... just am... here's my new artificial tree I got from KMart for about $35... it's nothing fancy, but I didn't want anything fancy.  Also, when I was putting it together it really reminded me of the tree my grandparents had that I would help put together each year (with the color coordinated slots)
Did make me super itchy fluffing it though
 
Okay... here's were my side note is going to come.  This is what a tree should look like.  My tree is filled with ornaments that mean something to me, and over my life I plan on adding many more.  I don't think Christmas trees should be color coordinated or how some people call them 'my pretty tree'.  A tree should be filled with memories and fun things... not all gold balls or whatever... it's just my two cents, but it's one of those things I feel strongly about...

Isn't she pretty?  I had extra silver garland which is why the rest went into the camel.  Camels are sorta Christmas-y anyway
Another special note:  Almost three years ago we divided up my grandma's ornaments.  This was the first time they made it on the tree since they were in storage the last two Christmases.  Also, the garland is from my grandparents tree which I love as well.  It just makes me so happy to have so many memories in one place.
The other side... someday I want to make a pretty tree skirt.  Also since it's lit up you can't really see, but that's a Santa lamp

Every time I walk past the tree is makes me smile... I just stop and stare and think - it is perfect

Here's a close up.  I love the purple bird with the long neck and the spiderman and all the glitter

A different side - my ice skater from my Grandparent's tree and a beer can that Dan added

Somewhere along the line I got the peppermint candy lights - they are perfect.  I thought originally I wouldn't have enough to look good, but they are perfect

All lit up in the dark

2 comments:

dsdddwddgdd said...

soooo pretty..........and i LOVE that you're as sentimental as your momma........

Susan said...

Beautiful tree~! I agree that my style is to display all the memories and ornaments on my tree too. I love looking back on them and remembering the events.