Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Weekend in Review - Thanksgiving

Well, I didn't finish out the last couple of days of November... but really I didn't know what to write about - I really felt like I was stretching it towards the end anyway....

This post will be funny to me... because it was a long 4 day weekend... which should mean a long post, but I'm going out on a limb to say it's not going to be that long...

Anyways... on Wednesday night Dan and I went out to dinner to Drunken Fish.  I bought a deal awhile back from LivingSocial and we finally used it.  I like sushi, but I like normal not crazy weird sushi.  We ordered an appetizer of pot stickers (so good) and four different rolls - my favorite the philly roll, a superman roll (Dan's choice), a spicy tuna roll and BLT roll.


We couldn't leave without getting my favorite dessert either - fried strawberry cheesecake cut into cute sushi piece - OMG so good!!  (it didn't last long enough to take a picture!)

We didn't do any drinking or anything crazy like Thanksgiving Eves of the past... we just came home, watched TV and went to bed... I guess that's how 30 year olds (almost for me) roll

On Thanksgiving I woke up a decent hour, which meant I got to watch part of the Macy's Day Parade.  I like the beginning the best when they do Broadway numbers and the Rockettes dance.

We went to Dan's grandparent's house to celebrate Thanksgiving.  I brought some of our pumpkin cookies and they seemed to go over well.  It was fun being around his family.

On Friday Dan ended up being off work... so we did one crazy black Friday shopping trip... and by that I mean we went to Petco which wasn't crowded at all... (we needed dog and cat items).  We did get these free adorable antlers for the dogs... of course they won't sit still long enough to get a photo... here's the best one I got...

Yep... not even cute
We went to a couple of other places... and then we were done... we did make some excellent sliders for dinner... and by we I mean Dan.

On Saturday I woke up to my eye being all red, goopy, and sore.  I was pretty sure I had pink eye... which I haven't had since I was a kid.  It was so strange to go to bed feeling fine and wake up to red, nasty eye.  In hindsight I don't think it was actually pink eye... but some type of eye infection or something?  It was red all day Saturday and most of Sunday, but it's looking fine now.  I'm still just wearing glasses so I don't aggravate it... but it stopped being gunky by Saturday night... so that was relief.  That's all I'll say about Saturday, b/c it was that exciting...

On Sunday we did the traditional cemetery visits.  My family met at my house to see it (some hadn't yet).  Then we headed to Jefferson Barracks to see my grandpa, Lindsey's dad, Billy's grandparents, and my grandma.
Happy snowmen went on all the graves - this is my Grandpa's
We like to put something different than flowers or the 'traditional' grave site arrangements... plus this snowman just makes you happy don't you think?

We then went to the other cemetery - Shepard Hill - to visit my uncle, great aunts and uncles and great grandparents.  We finished off by going to Cracker Barrel, per tradition.  It was a lovely morning spent with family remember those we have lost.

After all the pancakes we went our separate ways.  My mom was nice enough to ride to a few stores with me to find a Christmas tree.  I found one at Target I wanted to get, but couldn't find it in a box anywhere... I ended up getting mine from K-Mart for $34... it's cheap, but all decorated it's beautiful (pictures to come in a separate post).  I also decorated for Christmas... of course I thought I had more decorations... but I don't, someday I will!!

That was my weekend... see pretty darn low key and uneventful for it being a long, holiday weekend!

No comments: