Thursday, December 19, 2013

Favorite Christmas Songs

I thought it might be fun to run down a list of my favorite Christmas songs.  It's completely possible I've left something super obvious off the list... so... and I usually don't like to rank things, but whaddya know?  I went ahead and ranked them!

So enjoy this little bit of Christmas cheer!

#10)  I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas by Bing Crosby - It's a classic!!

#9)  All I want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey - I know it's a stupid song but no other Christmas song gets stuck in my head quite like this one!

 
#8)  Rockin Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee - it's a classic and upbeat

 
#7)  Jingle Bell Rock by Bobby Helms - see comments from above :)  I do think of these songs in the same realm and sometimes think of them as the same song haha

#6)  The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole - this is a classic and I think really describes Christmas like no other... sure no one really roasts chestnuts on an open fire, but really it's pretty sweet.

#5)  Christmas Don't be Late by Alvin and the Chipmunks - I love cutesy Christmas songs, and slightly different ones... you'll notice that theme in the top five.

#4)  Carol of the Bells by Trans-Siberian Orchestra - This sound is epic.  I love it!

#3)  Mele Kalikimaka by Bing Crosby - I love this Christmas song gotta love a beach feel.

#2)  Feliz Navidad by Jose Feliciano - I love how this song is upbeat.  It also reminds me of a Sesame Street Christmas thing where they are ice skating

#1)  I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas by Gayla Peevey - I love the lyrics in this song, so freaking adorable and much better than All I want for Christmas is My two Front Teeth.  Seriously my favorite.

Do you think I missed any great ones?  What are your favorite Christmas songs?

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

dsdddwddgdd said...

interesting choices. i mostly like christmas songs, but i DETEST that mariah carey thing! uuggghh they don't play the true classics on the radio. i mihgt sound old, but i don't like a whole lot of them that ARE played. oh, and ugghh again....madonna's santa baby--TERRIBLE!

dsdddwddgdd said...

i almost forgot.... how about this??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcFyMMHY8so

"i am santa claus"

Amanda Reeves said...

one of my new favorites is "Jingle Bells" by Colton Dixon and of course O Holy Night by no one in particular. I love the music this time of year!! Merry Christmas!!