Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Weekend in Review: Snow and Survivor

These weekends are going by pretty fast... can you believe there's only 2 more weekends in 2013... mind. blown.

These last few weekends have been pretty low key and this one was no exception.  I'll talk more about my Friday-day in another post (hopefully... I really want to take on a post about my mom's Christmas cookie baking problem... but I'm just not sure I will be able to... we shall see).

The bad news about Friday (and the 13th to boot) was that my car did not pass inspection.  I had this weird fear it wouldn't (I worry ok?) but I really didn't think there was any reason why it shouldn't pass... but it failed.  Turns out my car is leaking fuel from the top of the tank.  After I was annoyed and asked the mechanic office where I took it what was wrong and how it could be fixed the mechanic himself called me back to tell me he found information online that this might fall under a recall for my car.  He told me that I should probably investigate that before I put any money into determining and fixing the issue... so that's what I did.

I did remember that I got a letter back in March about a possible recall.  Basically they were fully recalling/fixing the problem in certain states... where it's hot and can cause the fuel tank to crack more easily.  In the other states they are fixing the problem if it comes up.  I called the dealership on Saturday and have an appointment for Thursday.  I'm hoping/praying that the issue is covered under the recall and I don't have to pay... You'd think a fuel leakage problem and a recall that involves fuel leakage would be covered - so I'm very hopeful.  The letter also explained things to look out for which include check engine soon light is on (mine isn't) and fuel smell in the car (never noticed that and no one else has mentioned it)... so I'm at least happy that there hasn't been any reason why I should have noticed this issue sooner... maybe happy isn't the right word, but yeah...  So stay tuned for the conclusion of this story.

That night Dan and I went to a concert of a band he knows at the Duck Room at Blueberry Hill.  It was nice... but I had a headache so that part wasn't as fun.  Nothing too interesting to report on this night.  It did start snowing a bunch, so that was fun to drive home in.  It was pretty to see the next day though.


On Saturday we did some random errands and including some online shopping.  I had a little helper...
Yep... Quina actually flew to me... and then sat on my shoulder for like 30 minutes.  She didn't even try biting my ear or anything... she just hung out up there... so that was nice.  I wouldn't say she likes me yet, but I'm calling it progress!
 
That night Dan made us dinner - we went to Schnucks so I was able to get a fancy cheddar onion bun.  Yum!  He also made bacon with brown sugar (so so good) and baked potatoes.  Nothing about this meal screams healthy... but whatever

On Sunday I didn't to a whole lot during the day - mostly cleaned and did laundry.  That night Susan and Michelle came over to watch the season finale of Survivor (I guess I owe you a post on that).  It was so much fun watching it in a group.  I ordered pizza and Susan brought over some amazing dips including Spinach Artichoke Dip and Caramel Apple Dip... so so good - I ate WAY too much!  I had a fun time hanging with the ladies though.  We are planning to get together for the premiere and finale again next season... and seems like Susan will be joining our Fantasy Survivor game!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Yay! Can't wait to join fantasy survivor!