Monday, January 17, 2011

New to my tree

It seems like I'm doing a lot of Christmas posts after Christmas... what's up with that??

We celebrated my Grandma's birthday last Sunday. We got some awesome BBQ from Piggy's in O'Fallon. But what was more exciting, sad, nostalgic was we separated my Grandma's Christmas ornaments. Since she moved into my aunt's house, we haven't put up her big tree. All of the ornaments were sitting in a box in their garage... that just seemed sad. We've been talking about dividing them up for awhile, but we just never did it. Well, we finally made it happen.

It was fun, first I set out all of the ornaments on my aunt's dining room table. Then the choosing began. We decided to go in age order all the way down to the youngest grandchild... which is 14 so not all that young. It was fun reiminscing about all of the different ornaments and I'm really happy to get some older, sentimental ornaments for my tree. It's sad to see them divided up that way, but now I'll be excited to pull them out every Christmas and remember they hung on my Grandparent's tree.

(I took some pictures but they suck. I'm going to post them anyway but I'm in desperate need for a new camera... maybe for my birthday.)

These two ornaments were the first ornaments my grandparents bought for their tree.
This one was one of my uncle Steve's favorite ornaments - he bought it for my grandparents.
My grandparents had an ornament for each of their grandchildren on their tree... so I of course got my ornaments. I had 2 for some reason while most of the others had just one. I think that's b/c they all got color and I didn't have color on my first one.
Here's a cool Spiderman one
Here's some other oldies but goodies


I also got a couple of grandparent dough ornaments
And this cute angel my aunt made out of different types of noodles
And finally I got these pyramid tree decorations... I love their shape and hopefully will find a really great spot for them next year.

1 comment:

Christina said...

That is really cool! Drew's parents got him an ornament for Christmas every year of his life- so when we moved in together, we had 25 ornaments to go on our tree. I think that this would be a cool thing to do with my grandparent's ornaments someday...