Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Resolution

Last year I made a New Years Resolution to read 25 books. While I didn't make it all the way to 25, I did succeed in reading 15 books. Even though that falls short by 10, I'm pretty proud of this feat. I always had a book that I was reading and I read more books in 2010 than I have in quite awhile. It was always nice to have a new book and looking forward to what's next. I'm still figuring out what my ultimate favorites are, but I felt I did a pretty great job of sticking to a goal.

I thought that I would continue this goal into 2011 by making my resolution to read more books this year than I did last year. But due to some circumstances I've yet to blog about (don't worry, most probably already know what this is, and if you don't I'll be sharing with the world in the next month) I don't think it's the best goal for the next year.

So what will be my goal in 2011. I've come up with a few. For one, I would like to lose some weight... yes, I know this is such a cliche, but it's something I really need to do. I've already come up with some easy things I should already be doing to help the process, but you can also look forward to the return of "The Competition." I am already planning on taking at least one walk during the work day and drinking at least 40 ounces of water a day. I'm planning on adding more "little" things to the list... but that's my for sures now.

I would also like to take more pictures in 2011. I'm already considering buying a DSLR camera for myself. It's something I've wanted for the past two years and I think we'll be financially stable enough in the next year to buy one. Plus I've got quite a savings going. But even if I don't get the super fancy camera I would like to take more pictures.

MY BIG GOAL this year is to Blog more. I would love to increase the consistency that I blog. Tell you more of my thoughts and the ins and outs of life at our house. I don't think that I'll ever be an everyday blogger... sadly I just don't find myself that interesting... but I know I can blog more. I want to find something to blog about weekly (like 'Ten on Tuesday' or "Photo Fridays" or "Random Thought Thursday" or something...)

Here's where I set my numeric, measurable goal... In the two full years I've been blogging here's what I accomplished without a goal.
In 2010 I wrote 119 entries for a weekly average of 2.29 entries a week, or 9.92 a month
In 2009 I wrote 141 entries for a weekly average of 2.71 entries a week, or 11.75 a month

So I am going to set my goal of:

3 blog entries a week or 12 entries a month or 144 entries next year minimum.

Wish me luck!!

No comments: