Monday, January 24, 2011

Wedding Album

Nearly two years later and I finally finished making our wedding album. If you've ever been part of a wedding you know the shear amount of pictures you end up with. It's so hard to pick your favorites. After a couple of years it was much easier to go through the pictures to select our favorites from the day.

Another hard thing was creating an album that would showcase all of our pictures and tell the story of our wonderful day. Typically you can get an album from your photographer or hire an outside person to do it (for some major big bucks) but we (I) decided to tackle this feat myself. After hearing many reviews I decided to create the book through Blurb. I first made the book in 7 x 7 format. I was excited to have a square and thought the small size would be fun... that is until I realized just how small 7x7 really was. So I redid the album in a 8x10 format.

Blurb's software (which you download to your computer) was super easy to use. You could customize in a lot of different ways. It was easy to order with them and they give you good advise of many different aspects. Ordering was simple and I was able to use a coupon which saved us some major dough. We ended up ordering 6 albums. (one for us, my mom, my dad, Chad's parents, my grandma and Chad's grandparents)

Well onto the album.


I'm really excited how it turned it. I think it really shows the time line of our day and all the fun we had. If you have any questions about anything let me know... what do yall think?

1 comment:

Christina said...

Drew and I did something similar to this with our engagement photos for our parents. One thing that I liked about your photographer was that they took a variety of shots- they weren't just all about you and Chad- they told a story of all of the people there. I had trouble making our engagement photo book just because all of the pictures were of us doing the same poses, over and over again. You did a great job!