Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lost


It's no secret, this post is about Lost. Chad and I did not watch Lost when it originally aired. I heard so many people talk about the amazingness that was Lost. As I am with most television shows, if I don't come in at the beginning I don't like coming through part of the way.* As we mentioned several months back, we finally got a subscription to Netflix and a few months ago we decided to start watching Lost from the beginning. This is after we watched all of Arrested Development (so funny) and a few seasons of X-Files (we had to take a break). It's amazing how fast it drew us in. We'd watch several episodes a night and we were able to finish all 6 seasons in just a couple of months. It would have been faster but Chad's work schedule got all screwy and we didn't have as much time together to watch the show. Yes, it was annoying that they never explained anything - just kept giving more questions, but overall we really enjoyed it. I liked all the crazy twists and different plot lines and the time travel and all the other crazy stuff that you have a hard time believe. How did we feel about the ending? Well, Chad had it nailed from day 1. I enjoyed it and thought it worked just fine.

I think the reason we weren't so let down with the finale or the series was because we hadn't invested 6 years in this show... we didn't have to wait week to week for episodes, or a whole summer between seasons. It made following the charecters and plot lines way easier to follow. And can I just say that if I was stuck on a desert island there's no way I would look that good, my hair would be a fro. My only question is how did Claire's mom come out of that coma???

So if you have Netflix and haven't watched the series, it's a very good one to watch... highly recommend.

* I finally decided to turn on How I Met Your Mother even though I hadn't watched it from the beginning... SO.FREAKING.FUNNY.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I'm glad you guys liked it! We absolutely loved it! Great series!