Wednesday, May 19, 2010

We got good customer service at Charter... what?!?

Last night we went to dinner with my brother and sister. My brother was talking about Netflix, I can't completely remember why, but he was. I've been trying to convince Chad we should do Netflix for awhile now... especially with summer coming up and there being nothing on TV. Well, even though I've been saying the same thing, when my brother said it I guess he really started to think about it and we looked into it last night.

The lowest cost option was $9 a month. This includes one DVD at a time and unlimited instant streaming. This is nice b/c we have a Xbox so we can stream directly to that.

Chad said in order to do the Netflix thing we would have to cut our cable bill by at least the cost of Netflix. I hesitantly agreed... I have grown accustomed to being able to flip and watch any channel pretty much (actually there are quite a few channels I wouldn't mind adding, Discovery ID being one of them). But I agreed to dropping some of the premium channels.

So Chad called Charter up... one of his favorite things to do, haha. But surprisingly he got good service. He told them he wanted to get rid of a couple of the premiums and basically lower his bill... well instead they gave us a $30 discount (since we've been 'long-time' customers) and gave us an extra service (EPIX or something like that). Can you believe that? Just for calling we get everything we use to have plus this new service and we pay $30 less a month. Who would have though?!?

The $30 discount more than covers the cost of Netflix, which really means we get all we use to have plus EPIX, plus Netflix and still are saving $20 per month. I'd say that's a score!!

1 comment:

Liz said...

We did this....

Got rid of U Verse (kept internet)...

Got netflix mostly for the Wii Streaming. We love it. We don't miss TV much at all... actually much less than we thought.