Sunday, January 2, 2011

Big Exciting News

I hinted at our exciting news in December of this entry.

After three long years, my amazing husband Chad is now a full-time permanent employee once again!! You don't understand how exciting this is. He's been working as a contractor at numerous places over the past three years, but was only a contractor, nothing more. He was promised a job at a lot of those places... but nothing came to be... just empty promises.

Then he started working at his current place and was in love. I can honestly say I've never seen him as happy as he is there... and they loved him. Since he started working there in April they tried to hire him on. This was met with a lot of issues... budgeting, HR folks, things guaranteed that were never filled. I was worried this was just going to be another series of empty promises.

But finally, all the paperwork went through and Chad is a full time employee. It's so great to see him so happy and to have benefits... oh the benefits. We get all of our insurance through my work - but now he'll get something awesome called paid time off!!! We can go on a vacation and he will be paid for it. I am so excited. I think we're planning on taking a trip later this year. Chad also got a raise which will come in quite handy.

All in all I'm proud of him... he's stuck through craptastic jobs and he's finally being rewarded. He's a great employee and I'm glad someone finally figured that out.

Congrats Chad!!!!

No comments: