Thursday, January 23, 2014

2013 Resolutions: Revisited

Let's take a look back at how I did on my resolutions for 2013.

Here are my goals copy and pasted from my post last year.  My comments are in red.

  • Okay, just getting this one out of the way early... I want to be more healthy. I need to find a good balance between eating what I like to eat and being healthy. I also bought a gym membership (it was a Living Social deal in December). I hope that I am able to add some exercise into my life. I'd like to lose some poundage too - but hope that comes with being healthier. I'm going to call this one overall a big fat fail... there were points I was doing better but not overall... this will be on next year's too... 

  • I would like to move out of my mom's house this year Accomplished!  I even bought a house, how crazy is that?!?

  • I want to continue to maintain my financial spreadsheet. I want to continue to put money into savings every paycheck and when I move out I want to develop a good more in-depth budget. This was about half - I did continue to maintain my spreasheet, but I haven't figured out an in-depth budget yet... honestly being on my own has been an adjustment financially that I'm still figuring out.  I don't want that to be negative, because it's not, it's just all these bills that aren't as consistent and figuring out grocery costs, etc etc... hopefully this is also something I'll be able to work on in the next year. 

  • I would like to start doing more artsy/crafty projects - how about one crafty project a month. Let's see - I don't think I got up to 12 crafts last year... Here's a link to all my craft posts from the last year.  I count a measly 4!!  BUT in my defense on was the baby blanket that took be awhile to complete so that has to count as more right??  And I've been working on the stocking too... so... Half??

  • I would like to start cooking baking more - so one new dish every month. I'm going to call this one a success!!  I counted 17 different recipes I shared with you and I know for sure there were more that I didn't.  I'm really enjoying cooking and baking lately - it's nice to have most all the ingredients on hand and just deciding spur of the moment I'm going to bake cookies today.

  • I want to start wearing make up to work... I'll just look better... let's face that. FAIL... forgot it was even a resolution... maybe next year... moving on...

  • I would like to blog more. Last year I only completed 50 blog entries (30 of which were short I'm Thankful posts) I would like to get back to what I was doing in 2010 and 2011. So let's make a goal of 120 posts - which averages 10 posts a month. I hope to blog about some of those craft projects and baking dishes. This is a success!!  I had 128 posts last year!! Woohoo!

  • Finally, I'm going to try to read more. I couple of years ago my goal was to read 25 books in the year. I made it to 15 books that year (2010). I hope to reach that same goal of 15 book in 2013. I already have some books I got for Christmas - I can't wait to read them. Last year I read and blogged about seven books... It kinda fell by the wayside after August... but I do like reading so hopefully I'll get back into that groove soon.
It will be fun to see how I do this year - I've enjoyed this tradition

No comments: