Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Weekend in Review: January

I really liked having a way to look back and see what I did on the weekends.  That when I do a lot of interesting stuff and I really liked having that record last year... so I want to continue that, but of course that means I need to catch up on my weekends.  Let's see what I remember from the last month (how soon you forget you know?)

Mostly we haven't done much of anything - January is cold and we just don't go out as much... or at least I don't want to go out as much.

On January 10th, Dan and I went to happy hour together.  We went to 54 Street and it was nice.  We didn't stay too long or drink to much but it was nice going out somewhere.

On January 11th we celebrated my cousin's son's 3rd birthday.  They had a kid party first (we got Ari a truck that moves and makes noise).  Then the kids left and they had a more adult party.  It was pretty fun... although some people that my cousin is still friends with (that are friends with my ex) were there and it was awkward... I just don't know how to act with them since they really aren't my friends anymore.  Honestly I didn't know what to even say.... but I got through the night and overall had a really good time.

On January 12th Dan's sister, Amy, had her baby shower.  It was a really nice event.  It was I didn't know tons of people there, but I sat with his grandma and her friends and it was fine.  She had a lot of presents to open!  I got her a pair of overall (so darn cute), a parrot toy that looked a bit like Quina and Goodnight Moon.

On January 17th we went up to the hospital to visit Dan's mom after she had surgery.  We went again on Sunday, the 19th... she was so much better that day - it's amazing what a difference a day can make.  On Saturday, January 18th my grandma was staying at my mom's house.  I went over there and we went out to breakfast/lunch at Bob Evans.  Then we went and saw Saving Mr. Banks.  I really enjoyed the movie.  It was interesting to see behind the scenes glimpse of the making of Mary Poppins.  That night we hung out with Kyle.  We were going to have a game night, but that sorta ended up a bust.  We had pizza and ended up getting Dairy Queen blizzards and watching TV.  It was still a fun night.

I was off on MLK Day on January 20th.  Susan and I made plans to get pedicures and go to happy hour at Patricks.  It was a lot of fun hanging out and I love getting my toes did.

Finally, this past weekend... on Friday we visited Dan's mom at her home.  We went early to Pappy's and brought that over for lunch.  We were the first ones there!  It was so delicious and it was very nice to spend some time with her.  She's doing real well!!

On Saturday we did nothing all day... finally I was ready to get out of the house so we went to dinner at 3 Monkeys.  It was delicious.  We were going to hang out with some friends after that, but that ended up not happening.  On Sunday we grocery shopped and then hung around the house.

Some overall reflections of the month of January: 
  • I have been cross-stitching a lot.  I've been trying to take pictures every hour to see my progress... something about that has made me do it more often.
  • At the beginning of the month I started Weeds and finished in last week.  I really enjoyed the first few seasons of that show, but it kinda go bad after awhile... and honestly wasn't a huge fan of the ending.
  • Since finishing Weeds I've started Friday Night Lights... (how I spent last weekend).  I've already watched about 15 episodes and I'm hooked.  I know my mom loved the show and I've noticed a lot of people talking about it on the blog-o-sphere including Reality Steve calling it one of his all time favorites which is why I checked it out... um loving it so far!
  • I've also teleworked quite a bit this past month.  It's not a weekend thing, but just wanted to throw it in here.

1 comment:

dsdddwddgdd said...

friday night lights rocks! i'm so glad you're watching it.