Monday, February 10, 2014

Weekend in Review: First Part of February

I've managed to get behind again... here's what's been going on the past two weekends.

On Thursday, January 30th I took the afternoon off because I had to attend a wake.  My step-mom's mom (step-grandma if you want to get all technical) passed away.  She had been sick for awhile although that certainly doesn't make it any easier.  My brother came into town and so I was tasked to pick him up from the airport.  Since he was flying through Atlanta and the winter storm wreaked havoc down there his flight ended up being delayed a couple of hours.  Luckily I knew this information before I left the house so my waiting was in my cozy home instead of in the cell phone lot at Lambert.  Before all of that though, I decided to make some cookies to have at the funeral home to snack on.  I decided to make these again... and they turned out just as good as the first time.

Anyway I picked up my brother (finally) and headed up to the funeral home which was in BFE.  We stayed there until the end and headed back home.  It was super nice to have him in the car with me - made all the driving not nearly as bad.

On Friday we headed back up to the funeral home for the service.  Afterwards we had lunch together at a hotel in Westport Plaza.  It was nice and the food was good (especially the desserts).  We went back to my dad's house and hung out as a family for awhile.  Since not everyone could come in for Christmas it was the first time the whole family has been together in awhile (remember I'm the only kid still in town).  Keith and I stayed over there for awhile and then we headed back home.

That night Dan and I had dinner plans with Liz and Ken.  We went to 54 Street and it was a really nice time of connecting and talking.

I don't recall doing anything interesting on Saturday - I made some chili and some cookie bars - I suppose I'll post about that, but don't expect pictures.

On Sunday we went over to Zoa and Steven's house to watch the Super Bowl with Kyle.  It was fun, although we mostly talked and didn't pay too much attention to things.  Zoa made a taco bar which was delicious!  I brought the cookie bars from the previous day.

The following weekend - last weekend - On Thursday I just made dinner and watched TV.

On Friday we went to the bird store... I got to hold one of these adorable guys (yes, throwing the picture in so there's at least one picture in here)

We also tried a restaurant near our house.  Then the rest of the day I didn't do much of anything.  Dan went out with some friends and I enjoyed having a house to myself by eating Subway and watching the Olympic Opening Ceremonies (crazy night haha)

On Saturday we stayed in most of the day, except a trip to the Container Store.  That night we went over and hung out with Kyle.  We got some Mexican food and hung out watching Netflix at his place.

Sunday I was productive in the morning - getting grocery shopping done.  Then I met up with my mom and we went to some thrift stores together.  I found one additional chair (up to 5 woohoo).  I also bought some brand new sheets (in the package still) from a thrift store for like $20/set.  I got an extra set for each bed since we only have the set on the beds... I thought it would be a good idea to have extra ones just in case something happens (namely an animal).

I finished Sunday by cooking dinner and watching TV.

No comments: