Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Weekend in Review: Valentines/Presidents Day

I had a nice long four day weekend... and it was awesome.  Not only that I actually left a little early on Thursday to go to the doctor.

Thursday night was a low key night - I ate chili, made a dish for breakfast the next day and watched TV.  Dan was out for awhile with his future brother-in-law so I enjoyed having a house to myself.

Friday was Valentine's Day.  I decided to make a fancy breakfast for Dan and me.  I scrambled eggs, fried bacon and made a French Toast Casserole (details to come).  I also bought champagne and we had mimosas.  It was a great start to the day.

Yum can I eat it again?
The rest of Valentines we mostly just hung around the house.  Dan made a yummy dinner of cheeseburgers (my request) and mashed potatoes - yum yum!

I also made Dan a small gift.  He likes to collect six-pack holders so I thought this would be fun.  One of his favorite beers.  And let me tell you spray adhesive is amazing!  (I got the idea and the print out from this website)

Beery - not berry
On Saturday I spent the day away from the house.  I went over to my mom's house and we headed up to gather my aunt Ruth.  We had a fun day of thrift store shopping.  I got an ashtray for outside (I have to get a picture of it - it's so ugly and I love it) and some baking dishes (from Crate and Barrel).  The one store we stopped at they asked if they could take our picture for their Facebook page - so of course we said yes

We went to a bunch of different thrift shops and then had lunch.  It was awesome to spend some good quality time with my mom and aunt Ruth.

After that I headed up to my dad's house.  He helped me do my taxes which was very generous of him.  Both of my parents are awesome - I got Valentine Day treats from both of them.  I'm so loved :)  We did my taxes (woohoo for getting a return) and started to think about a trip to visit my brother in DC in April.

Saturday night I was pretty tired by that point and we decided to stay in and I went to bed early and it was awesome.

Sunday I don't think I did much of anything.  Oh - this happened.  We finally got moving and I said I wanted to go out to dinner.  So we got ready and headed out to O'Charlies.  We got there around 4:30 and didn't expect it to be too crowded - but it randomly was.  We got sat right away but it took FOREVER for them to come get our drink order.  We waited FOREVER for our drinks to come... finally we just bailed.  I don't know what time we got there, but we waited far longer than we should have.  I hate walking out like that, but seriously?  Instead Daniel cooked us some dinner - so alls well that ends well.  He also made a cocktail with freshly squeezed lemonade and vodka - yum!!

On Monday (holiday woohoo) We decided to go ice skating and Dan found a time at Kirkwood.  So we headed over there and when we got there it was kid city.  Obviously all the parents brought them on the holiday.  I made Dan decide if he wanted to stay, but we ended up bailing.  It was kids that age where you knew it would just be annoying ice skating with them - plus the place was packed.

We decided to head over to Kirkwood Station Brewery (formerly a bunch of other names).  We had a couple of drinks and some fried pickles that were good.  I had the Blackberry Wheat which was delicious.  The really great thing is randomly on Mondays and Tuesdays there they have $3 drafts - holla!  Dan got the call that he would be starting work the next day (Tuesday) so we stayed and had another and then headed home.

Beer
Overall it was a wonderful weekend!

No comments: