Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Christmas 2013

I thought I might do an individual post on each of my Christmas celebrations, but it's January 14th right now... and it's just not going to happen... plus I am bad at the picture taking so they would probably be five pretty boring picture-less posts.  So instead you get one boring, picture-less post that talks about the FIVE Christmas celebrations I went to.  Yes, you're hearing that correctly, FIVE Christmases.

The first one took place on December 22.  This is what I call my Dad's Family's Christmas.  It involves going to my aunt and uncles house and celebrating with that side of the family - including my aunts, uncles, and cousins.  We ate a big meal (there were three kinds of meat) and chatted with everyone.  Then we played Rob Your Neighbor.  I ended up with a Breathalyzer (tried it out, but I question it's accuracy).  I also helped my dad by wrapping up my Grandpa's gift to his kids (my dad, aunt and uncle).  It was a large sum of money and I wrapped it in a creative way.  All I can say is I'm super glad that large sum of money didn't stay in my possession too long.  I kept worrying about someone breaking into my house and stealing it and how terrible it would be... either way I got the gifts delivered and out of my hands.

My next celebration was on December 23rd after work.  We had to do it this day in order for my step-brother to make it.  It was weird because I worked from home that day (and the next).  That house we always do more party food/appetizers.  I made sausage dip and cake balls.  It was a really nice celebration.  It's always nice to get everyone together and I got some really great gifts.  Even more so than that, I think my gifts to my dad and step-mom were well received.  My big gift from here was a sewing machine.  I hope to learn to use it and make something by the end of the year.

The next night, on Christmas Eve, we had my mom's family's Christmas.  This takes place at my aunt and uncle's house in O'Fallon.  We get there and eat.  Then we watch A Christmas Story until my aunt and uncle get back and open gifts.  My grandma gave me a couple of nice dresses and a cardigan.  Everyone likes the PJs we shopped for weeks before.  Then we played a version of Rob Your Neighbor.  Instead of the traditional way I come up with a list of items and if you fit into that you have to trade your present (i.e. if you are wearing green, or if you have blue eyes).  It's fun and I got some puzzle sets.  We stayed there until late and I went home with my mom and spent the night at her house.

On Christmas Day we had a traditional Christmas morning!  We woke up and opened the MANY presents my mom likes to spoil us with.  Seriously, I got too much stuff - clothes, MAN Y things for my house, a new coat.  I also really enjoyed seeing what everyone else got and how much my family enjoyed the things I selected for them.  Seriously, it's the best part!  Then we ate a HUGE, yummy breakfast and played board games the rest of the day/night.  I love this about Christmas, especially now that my brother has moved away.  Having him back home, playing board games in a PJs - I mean that's what Christmases should be like!

Finally, we celebrated with Dan's mom (and his sisters and their significant others)  She prepared a delicious breakfast.  Then we sat around and played board games (ha- I fit in well).  We stayed pretty late, they even ordered some pizza.

Overall Christmas this year was incredibly awesome, but just went so freaking fast.  It was sad to take down all my decorations, but Christmas 2014 will be here before we know it.

How was your Christmases?

No comments: