Thursday, August 22, 2013

Chicago Weekend - Part 3

On Sunday morning we got up and went to breakfast at m.henry.  I got a delicious fried egg sandwich and a piece of French toast (which was more like cake than anything).  It was super yummy.

We then got ready for the baseball game and Dad, me, Connor and Chad all headed over there early with Adriane and Janet bringing up the rear.  We got to our seats and they were amazing.  Very close to home plate in the upper deck.
Ballpark
Kinda funny looking panoramic
The game was amazing.  We were in the shade the entire time and the weather was just perfect.  We had some beers, nachos and pizza.  The Cardinals were awesome and won 6-1.  There were a lot of exciting plays.  Overall the whole Wrigley experience was just a whole lot of fun.  My dad even said it ranked in his top 50 days ever - cue the awwwww's.

After the game my dad and I went to a bar near Wrigley - the Cubbie Bear where we had another beer and danced (ok, I danced...) and enjoyed the atmosphere.

We walked back to the house and I stopped in a candy store and got some candy (which everyone ate).  We had dinner back at Adriane and Chad's (we had chicken and steak tacos) and ate on their back patio.

In the morning we left Chicago and stopped at Chicago Bagel Authority.  Connor had been pumping up these bagels, and they really were pretty delicious. (they just come out SUPER hot).

Then we headed out of town...  but stopped at Ikea first.  My very first Ikea experience.... man people always talk about those places, but they really are pretty amazing.  I ended up getting 7 picture frames (3 big and 4 small) and a duvet cover.  I might get furniture there for the new house... but we'll see on that!  We even had a pretty funny meatball experience.

After we shopped (for about two hours) we packed up our purchases and headed back to St. Louis.  Overall this trip was really amazing.  We had so much fun and Dad is even talking about making it an annual trip.  It was really awesome spending time with the family.  I'm so happy they asked me to come and I was able to!

2 comments:

dsdddwddgdd said...

i really hope you do it every year too! this sort of family time is precious!

Susan said...

That sounds like such a fun Chicago experience! I want to konw what happened with the meatball at Ikea.