Saturday, August 24, 2013

Ikea

As I mentioned in the Chicago weekend post I made my very first trip to an Ikea.  While I was in the store I got some ideas of possible furniture for the new house.  I have no idea if I'll actually get any of this, but I wanted to try to put it all in one post so I could reference it later.  I haven't really looked at furniture else where yet, so really this is all just preliminary research.

It's probably not that interesting, but oh well, this one is more for me anyway!

Stornas Extendable Table ($449) - I really liked this dining room table.  I liked that it was simple but would look good with chairs (not sure what kind of chair yet... man chairs are expensive).  This one seats 6-10 which would be great.  The house has a dining room area and I know I'll want a table for in there for doing everything from eating to wrapping presents.

Stornas Buffet ($449) - I really think I'll end up with a buffet in the dining room.  There's a good spot for it (which you'll see when I finally do my home posts).  I could see getting this in a dark wood - the brown wood is easier to see.
Igatorp Drop-Leaf Table ($129) - There is room in the kitchen for a small table, and the previous owners had a drop leaf table.  I think it would be a good idea to have something there... although recently I was thinking I might want one that's more bar table height.  I would probably end up with darker wood here too.
Ekby Alex Shelf with Drawer ($54.99) - I'm not exactly sure where I pictured these shelves, but I liked them... so here they are, haha
Hemnes chest with 2 drawers ($129) - I could see this being a good night stand for the bedroom.
Svelvik bed frame ($249) - I love the simplicity of this bed frame.  I also like that it has a head and foot board (of sorts).  This would be for the master bedroom.
Ektorp couch (price varies, one shown is $899) - I always like the idea of sectional.  And I could see this working well in the living room or the basement.  I liked the height on this couch (a lot of their couches felt low) and the general shape.  As for color, I'm not really sure.
 



No comments: