Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Home Tour: Before

Finally we get to some pictures of the actual house!  Have I been dragging it out a bit?  I just wanted to know the house was all mine before I posted these.  I remembered to take these right before Dan showed up with the U-Haul on Saturday.  Now the spaces are cluttered with boxes :)
 
Also, these are off my iPhone.  So if the picture quality sucks... well that's why.  Also might be why some of the colors don't turn out correctly.
 
View from the front door when walking in.  This will be the living room.  I love the block windows throughout the house!


Front door.  I could do without the decal (wall decals aren't really my thing) but how amazing is that circle block window??  Also, straight forward from the door (on the left side of this picture) is a coat closet.


Here's a view of the living room to the dining room.  I love love love the arched door and the little arch cutouts.


View of the picture window in the living room (see what I told you about the light and camera crappiness?)


View of the window in the dining room area (living room to the right)


A different view of the dining room and living room archway


Don't you love the door bell chimes?  This is the dining room looking to the hallway and the kitchen is on the right.  You can see Daddy and Bella wondering around the house for the first time!

This is the guest bedroom.  It's looking quite orange.  I'll have to see how it looks once we get some furniture in there.





A view of the door and closet for the guest room.  I'm pretty sure Bella is pooping in this picture.  Both the dogs took a "recreational" as my dad puts it when they first got here.  I think they were excited/anxious/unsure what was going on.


Upstairs full bathroom.  I love the sink, how they sprayed the tile to get a new look, the block glass in the shower and the ledge in the shower.  We also found a linen closet in here that I did not know existed until my mom found it when we were mopping on Friday.  Also that mirror opens which I didn't know either until Dan figured it out.


Master bedroom.


View of the closet

Headed into the kitchen from the dining room


Kitchen

Can't see the cabinets too good, but they are quite retro...  The fridge is nice and new though.  And there once was a cabinet above the fridge which they covered up with a wine rack...


Another view of the kitchen

View of the basement




Storage the laundry area is behind and to the left of this picture


Utility area

Downstairs half bath


Another view of the basement... and some Daddy poo... sorry

Extra basement room


Another storage closet - didn't get the awesome clothes hanger in it though

Garage


Deck (I bought the chairs and small table at Kmart on sale)

Other side of deck and the yard.  We figured out that's a maple tree... and Dan is planning on harvesting maple syrup this winter


Where it's wired for a TV and has a fan.  Nice covered area - and look the UHaul arrived!
There's the quick breakdown of the house.  I'll be back with more information.  I'm thinking a quick post of my favorite parts of the house and the updates I'm day dreaming about.

1 comment:

Amanda Reeves said...

Jenn,
The house looks great! I am so happy for you and Dan. Can't till you guys have it all moved in. You always decorate your rooms so nice. : )

Amanda