Sunday, August 25, 2013

What I'm Watching

I watch a fair amount of TV... I love TV... I am not sure if we will continue to have cable in the house (hey it's expensive).  If we choose not to... well I'm going to miss a lot of things I watch. 

But that's not really the point of this post... I just want to tell you about some of the things I'm watching on television right... well all summer long.

These are in no particular order... and it seems like way more when it's written out...

  • The American Baking Competition (CBS):  Jeff Foxworthy was the host.  He wasn't terrible, but I could have done without him too.  I really ended up enjoying this show.  It was fun seeing all the different baking things they did.  I think that's why I liked it so much - the variety of the things they baked and it was all baking.  The contestants were very likeable too - and everything looked so good you wanted to try it.  If this show comes back I will be watching it!
Source

  • Dance Moms (Lifetime):  I have been a fan of this show since the beginning.  It's just so out there crazy that it's just entertaining on so many different levels to me.  The show has gotten pretty ridiculous and it seems they are just redoing the same plotlines over and over.  This show is suppose to be reality but it's pretty staged - but I DO NOT CARE.  I also really enjoy watching the girls dance.
Source

  • RW/RR Challenge - Rivals 2 (MTV):  You already know I want this one since we are doing a fantasy game with it.  I really enjoy the challenge aspect of these shows and there's just the right amount of drama... it's a perfect mix!  Some pretty crazy things can happen.
Source

  • Breaking Pointe (CW):  This show is about Ballet West, a premiere ballet company in Salt Lake City.  While I could tone down the drama a bit, it's really intersting to learn how a ballet company works.  How do they cast a show?  What are the different roles?  It's really interesting to me.  Plus, I love watching people dance ballet - I mean isn't amazing to see them dancing in pointe shoes?
Source

  • America's Next Top Model (CW):  I didn't really want to add this to the list, but I have been keeping up with it so far this season.  This show just continues to get more crazy (they had a runway that involved the models walking down a side of a building... come on).  This season there's both girl and guy models... so we know there will be some sexual tension.  It's totally silly, but whatever it's easy to watch and follow. 
Source

  • Project Runway (Lifetime):  This is one of my favorite shows.  We are also doing fantasy PR.  I am doing terrible at it by the way.  I'm down to just four designers.  I love all the challenges and seeing them put together clothing.  I'm not a huge fashion person, but some shows just do it right, and this is one of them.  You can say what you like and what you don't.  The judges are likeable... overall you should watch this show if you don't already!
Source

  • Food Network Star (Food Network):  I picked this up midway through the season.  My mom recorded it and I ended up watching it.  The people were likeable and the challenges were fun.  I've watched bits and pieces of other seasons.  It's not something I have to record, but I enjoyed seeing it when I did watch it.
Source

  • Arrested Development (Netflix):  It took me awhile to get through all of the episodes, but when I did it was great.  I need to go back and rewatch them all.  You have to watch them all before you make a judgement of the new season since it's just done so differently.  I hope they come out with more!
Source


  • Sister Wives (TLC):  I love following this family but I have to admit this season has been a bit tough to watch.  The editing has been bad and feels like they are repeating the same things over and over and over.  I really like following the Brown's journey, but come on give us some more information.  Also, seems like they focus a lot some things and then glaze over other things that seem way more interesting.
Source

  • Breaking Amish - LA (TLC):  I picked this up since it came on right after Sister Wives and the promos looked good.  I enjoy learning about different cultures, so learning more stuff about the Amish has been very interesting.  there was a previous season that I didn't get into, but this season I've really enjoyed it thus far.
Source

  • Sabrina the Teenage Witch (Teen Nick):  This show is old, but I've been recording the episodes and rewatching them.  They are totally silly now, but I like the actors and the nostalgic feeling of watching them.  I only have about 30 episodes to catch up on the DVR...
Source

That's my summer list... maybe I'll be back this Fall with those shows!

No comments: