Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Weekend in Review - All Moved In

Friday morning I treated myself to some Steak n Shake breakfast.  I've really been trying to cut down on eating out (I was getting fast food breakfast about 2-4 times a week...) so I've been doing real good about not eating out in the morning I went and got the best fast food breakfast.  And it was delicious.

I spent the first part of Friday just relaxing... and it was so nice.  That afternoon I went over to my mom's house to finish cleaning up over there.  I had some stuff that didn't fit in the first trip and some clothes still in my closest.  I also had WAY more under my bed than I thought.  I wanted to get everything swept up and looking better.  Luckily it didn't take too long and I thought I had left way more than I thought.

I took my stuff back over to my house and unpacked everything.  Then I waited around until Dan came home.  I made him run some errands with me.  First we went to Target.  He needed a new pair of shorts since his last pair had ripped.  We also got a hose and nozzle on clearance.  Woohoo totally needed that for the house! 

Our next stop was Home Depot.  We needed to get a door knob for the new door that Dan put up to help keep the cats in the basement.  We also picked up some other random odd and ends including a seal for the bottom of the door and a magnet to help keep one of our cabinet shut (it creeps back open if you don't make sure to get it shut all the way.  The previous owners had Velcro there, but the magnet should work better).

Our final stop was Petco to get new supplies for the cats.  It was like buying all the stuff you have to buy when you first get a pet... so that was somewhat expensive.  I had to get two litter boxes, litter, litter catching mat, food and a litter genie.  This is something I saw a TV commercial for awhile back and researched online.  It got a lot of good reviews.  It's basically something that you keep near the litter boxes for easy waste disposal.  The system keeps all those nasty smells locked inside.  Makes it easier to clean to boxes each day.  I've been using it a couple of days now and I'm pretty happy with it.

After we got home with all the purchases we got ready and went over to my cousin Dave's house.  Andy, Dave, and Caleb were already there.  Caleb made some amazing cheeseburgers (with bacon and Gouda) and we had some hot dogs.  It was a pretty relaxing night.

Saturday morning I got up and started to set up the cats items downstairs.  I originally thought I would put them in the bathroom.  But it just didn't feel right.  I then moved them over to the laundry room... which also didn't feel right.  So they ended up in the storage closet.  I'm happy with this set up, although I need to organize that room and make it more plush for the kitties.

After setting all that up I headed over to meet my dad for breakfast at Bread Company.  Then we headed out to pick up my grandpa.  It was a nice drive out chatting with my dad.  My grandpa gave me a coffee table and a painting.  I'm happy with them and I know that he liked helping me out a bit.

We drove back and got that all unloaded at my place and then I spent some time unpacking some bins and taking a nap... Then we met up with the whole family.  My grandpa wanted to take everyone out to dinner at Cusenelli's.  We had a group of about 15 people.  So it was pretty crazy (and somewhat slow) but nice to spend time with the family.

After dinner we went over to Andy's house to have some drinks and chill out.  It was just what I needed.  I've been in a somewhat cranky mood and just relaxing with a drink really helped mellow me. 

Sunday morning I went and got the cats.  Moving the cats was the final thing I had to do to get all my 'stuff' there.  It felt great.  The cats seem to be adjusting pretty well.  They were pretty scared at first being in such a new setting with noises they didn't understand.  But they seem to be getting braver all the time.  Although Stitch keeps hiding under the couch... so I need to figure out how to get her to stop doing that (it's more like she is inside the couch and it's a reclining couch, so it's just a dangerous place for her to be).

I went grocery shopping and that was it for my Sunday.  Overall it was a nice weekend.  I'm bad and didn't get any pictures - hopefully next week (I sound like a broken record).

No comments: