Thursday, September 12, 2013

Weekend in Review - Almost Moved In

This past weekend was pretty low key which was nice.

On Friday I woke up and cleaned up around the house a bit and then met my sister for lunch and some thrift store shopping.  I have an idea for what I'd like to do in the dining room for cheap so we were on the lookout for some chairs.  I was able to score two for about $12 total.  I still need at least four more chairs and a table... but hopefully soon enough I'll have that completed project to share with you.

That night we went over to Caleb and my cousin Dave's house.  We bought some meat (and beans and German potato salad) from Kenricks and grilled.  It was so good.  That place has so much to choose from!

The night was good, but I got kinda tired the later it got.  We got home around midnight and I had to get up at 4:45 to take my mom to the airport.  I was pretty tired driving, but it was nice to get back home and crawl back into bed for a couple more hours.

When I finally got up we met my cousin (with his truck) at my mom's house to get a majority of the stuff moved out.  Of course they moved my bed and I realized I had waaay more stuff hidden under the bed than I remember - whoops.  I didn't get everything moved, but I'm planning on going back over there on Friday to get the room in better shape before my mom gets back from her trip.  I'm also planning on moving the cats this weekend which is a big deal :).

After we got everything moved into the house we went to lunch with Dan, Andy, Caleb, Ashley, Abby, and Ari.  We went to Frankie Gs and it was great.  It was fun going to lunch with everyone and I love that place so the food was pretty dern good too!

We got back to the house and I put away some of the stuff we brought from my mom's and I took a nap.  The getting home late, waking up early, and moving in the heat just tired me out. 

That evening we went to the Hispanic Festival at Kiener Plaza with Dan's friend Ryan.  His girlfriend was doing some fashion show or something.  I had a couple of yummy margaritas and part of Dan's burrito.  It was just so hot out.  We've had quite the hot streak lately.  Even though that's what all summer should be like in St. Louis we really lucked out this summer heat wise.  So now that summer feels like it should be over and now it's getting so hot... well that's just annoying!

Sunday was kind of a lazy day.  I did go grocery shopping... so that's something.  I also slowly unpacked some more stuff... but mostly I just lounged on the couch and that was fine by me!

Sorry I don't have any pictures in this post!  How was yalls weekend?

No comments: