Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Weekend in Review: Finally a Long Feeling Weekend

Did everyone have a nice Labor Day weekend?  I can't believe it's finally September.  This year has been flying by but August has felt very long.  It's probably because there were essentially 5 weekends in August... and I did something major every weekend.

I know I missed blogging specifically about last weekend... but let me tell you - we moved... haha... not really much to say about it.

On Thursday night we both just relaxed and I made some dinner.  I can't remember if I mentioned this or not but I have a hard time figuring out what to make for dinner.  I just can never think outside of the few items I always make... and I don't know how to meal plan (using the same item in multiple meals to cut down on waste and things to buy).  They were running a LivingSocial deal or something for a 12 month membership to emeals.  This site will give you seven meals recipes and a grocery list.  While we haven't eaten seven meals in a row at home (and can't imagine when we will!) and all seven meals didn't really look good (who wants ham salad sandwiches) I'm really liking having an easy time figuring out what to make and having a variety of stuff to make.  I'm still not through the first grouping of meals, but I'm excited to get home and make tonight's meal - which is totally weird b/c I don't really like to cook.  I hope it continues.  It's just a new way of thinking for me.
Spinach and Tomato Fritatta

On Friday the cable guy came over so we now have TV and Internet.  So happy!  Later that night we went up to Weekends Only and I picked out couches.  I really debated what I wanted to do in the living room furniture wise. 
Should I go with a sectional?
Or love seat couch combo?

When it came down to it I realized I couldn't really make a really wrong choice.  The living room is pretty big - so I just went with my gut.  I'm happy with what I picked out, and it's nice to start to see that room come together.

After we did the couch shopping we went by Kenricks and picked up some hot dogs (jalapeno cheddar) and chicken brats (blue cheese).  I think we'll be shopping there more often for our meat products.  They have soooo many different kinds of brats I want to try!  We grilled that night and our friend Caleb came over.

On Saturday I went to breakfast with my dad, Janet and Keith.  Did I mention Keith, my brother, was in town?  It was so good to see him.  We went to Benton Park Cafe.   That place is so good (and popular on Saturday mornings).

I took Keith over to my mom's and I did some errands while Dan picked up the couches.  Then we relaxed a bit before we when to my cousin Dave's housewarming party.  They had a lot of good food.  Dan made his sausage dip and Dave made salad on a stick.  Caleb made burgers and dogs which were really good too.  There was so much good food I had to stop myself from just snacking all night long.

On Sunday I headed over to my mom's house to start packing up my bedroom.  When she got home from work we got pizza - Imos.  I haven't had Imos in forever since Dan isn't a fan of Provel.  It was sooooo good!  Then we headed over to my house to show my grandpa it.  Then we went to Ted Drewes.  I got a pineapple concrete and it was delicious!

We headed back to the house and played board games for awhile.  We love board games and I loved spending that time with my little family.

Sunday night I went back home and hung out with Dan and Caleb again.  They are like BFFs I swear!  We live close together now so it makes it much easier to hang out.

Monday I lounged around the house and did the dishes.  Then we picked up my brother and headed over to my dad's house to celebrate my grandpa's 91st birthday.  That night we hung around the house did some chore type of stuff and finished off the weekend by watching the Roast of James Franco.

All-in-all a great weekend!

No comments: