Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Contracted

Remember this post where I said I was house hunting?

And remember how I said

"To date I have seen 11 properties and driven by over 30 different houses (hey ruling some out from the street is necessary!) Of those 11 that I've seen I seriously considered putting an offer in on two of them. One, I realized later just wasn't the right house for me - although I really liked it... it was a great house just a small backyard and couldn't get over that.

The other, I was ready and knew it was great, only to find out someone beat me to the punch... that happened this past weekend and really bummed me out. I know this is the roller coaster of house hunter, but it's tough to go from being super excited to realizing it just wasn't meant to be."


Well... the roller coaster continued... because two short days after I posted that I got a text from my agent saying that the contract on that property had fallen through and was I still interested... um... HELL YES!

The next day I met with my real estate agent (and brought my mom for support) and we put an offer together and submitted it... with a deadline of 1pm on Friday.

Of course I should have been taking it easy on Friday since Lindsey and I were headed to FL that night and I needed sleep so we could drive all night... but I just could not sleep.  Around our deadline time I got a call from my agent with their counter offer... and it wasn't far off from my offer at all!  After a counter-counter offer they agreed to my terms and I was officially under contract on a house!!  Just a few short hours before I left for Florida for a week.

So when I said that Florida wasn't as relaxing as it could have been... well that's why because suddenly my mind was racing with new home thoughts.  I had to talk to my loan officer and set up a time I could physically come in to sign the paperwork (and of course he was out of town this week)... which I did on Monday with his coworker (talk about it feeling more real!) and I was able to lock in my interest rate while in Florida (which is good... it's since gone up).  I also had to schedule my home inspection (which took place yesterday and for the most part everything looks pretty good, just some minor things).  I also had to get a homeowners insurance quote... which was taken care of.

It was all a bunch of little things... but stuff was on my mind... plus you know I just bought a house... after I thought it was gone.  Craziness!! 

I am supposed to close on August 23rd (less than a month away eek)... and things have been coming steadily along.

I just can't believe it... and since I'm going to wait with the details of the interior of the house (although I'm going to say I'm in looove) Here's a picture of my new house!  I love the look of the brick and that circle window by the door... eek... can't wait to show you more!
Picture from Listing

4 comments:

Christina said...

The pic isn't showing up! Can't wait to see pictures of the new house! Congratulations!

Jenn said...

Going to have to fix that pic!!

Susan said...

So excited for you!!!

dsdddwddgdd said...

super excited and happy for you!