Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Florida!!

I spent the past week in Daytona Beach... and it was awesome.

This year I went with my little sister Lindsey... and let me tell you, it was so much fun spending time with her.  She's such a great person and I feel like we had some bonding time.  Really though, we've gotten a lot closer since I moved back home after my divorce.  That's one of the good things that's happened since the divorce, I got to spend countless time with my sister and really cement a good relationship with her, and for that I'm truly grateful... she's pretty awesome and funny.

So it was just the two of us, which was nice... although our beach going time - well it differs quite a bit.  I like the shade (hey I have pale skin and don't like to burn) and she prefers the sun (to get that perfect tan).  I like the pool deck where I can look at the ocean and not get sandy and she prefers sitting/laying on the beach... but despite those things, we had a good time together.

We honestly didn't do that much... just lounged around... I read 1.5 books (I'll do a review, although I haven't been keeping up with reading have I?)  But it was a great relaxing vacation (although not as relaxing as it could have been, and I'll get into those details in another post as well)  but still really nice.

It's always great just being on the ocean, where you can hear the waves and see the blue water and read a good book while in a bathing suit.

We also got to see some nature... I got to see a couple of dolphins (so cool) and these crazy creatures living in these shells I've never seen on the beach before but we saw a bunch, and a cool bird with long legs and star shaped feet and pelicans diving in the ocean for food and seagulls, and other sea creatures.

This is a place we go in Daytona where my parents own a timeshare thing.  I've probably been there about 8 times in my life... so there's a lot of fond memories here.  I also had my first kiss there (aww) It's always a place I go and feel very nostalgic... good memories in Daytona.

Here are some pictures I took... as you can tell they aren't that great!
View the first day... it was cloudy on and off while we were there... which I enjoyed and Lindsey didn't... I also burned this day... par for the course for me.

Here's Lindsey headed down to the beach... doesn't she look cute?!?

Here's me doing what I do... read by the pool in the shade... I should I smiled huh?

Here I am reading and looking at the pool... I also painted my toenails and added glitter... love!

You can kinda see my sun burnt knees from reading while sitting.  And you can catch a glimpse of the book I read.

View of the sky over the city part of Daytona, taken from the room

We had beautiful weather the last day which made everything look so pretty.

This group played volleyball all week... but look at how pretty everything look and how blue the water is.

A panoramic picture of the beach on Friday (our last day) so much fun!
That was our trip to Florida... it really was great and the whole trip only cost me around $350... you can't beat that!!  Thanks to my Dad and Janet for letting me use the place this year.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Sounds like a very relaxing trip. I'm glad you go to spend so much time with Lindsey!

dsdddwddgdd said...

i love that you and lindsey went together. i would have certainly enjoyed joining you both, but since it just didn't work out for that, i'm super happy that you two had this time together.