Monday, June 17, 2013

Weekend in Review - Father's Day Weekend

This past weekend was Father's Day.  There seemed to be a lot going on this past weekend... or shoot the past week even.

Starting on Wednesday after work (not b/c it was my weekend but that's where I want to start) my mom and I went out to visit my grandma and aunt.  It was a quick visit, but very nice.  I always like to hear them reminisce about the good ole days haha.

On Thursday night after work I was just ready to relax, and that's exactly what I did... well and cleaned my room a bit.

On Friday during the day I had a meeting which my dad went with me.  I'll explain more about that in another post in time... after the meeting I went over to Dan's place to kill time before I met up with Susan.  We had planned to go to an art class a couple of months back but it got cancelled (without us knowing)... so this was a reschedule for us.  We took Larger than Life and it was a painting class where we painted like Georgia O'Keefe... and painted nature up close.  We did it at the South Broadway Art Project which I've talked about on here quite a few times.  I'm a big fan of this place, but I will say this last go around has been slightly annoying.  Their customer service has been a bit lacking.  Meaning when the first class got cancelled we never received the email so we got all the way down there and waited only to realize later it wasn't happening.  They did give us a free class out of the deal, but it definitely shook my confidence in them.

The class we took was only me and Susan so it gave us a bit of one-on-two attention, which was fun (and strange) but mostly a good thing.  Here's how our paintings turned out.  I'm pretty happy with both of them!
I was going to make you guess which is which - but I'll just tell you - mine is on the left and Susan's is on the right.
We had a lot of fun - or I did anyway :)

On Saturday day Dan and I went over to my aunt and uncle's house to celebrate Father's Day with the family (for my grandpa).  We had a good time - they had their pool open, but I didn't get it (looked cold!) but my cousin's kids were having fun in there!
Ari on the left and Abby on the right
Abby told me over the weekend that I was her best friend... how adorable is that??  Ari and Dan are best buds too!

We hung out over at Andy's place after the family celebration.  We also took a look at my cousin Dave's new house which is pretty adorable.  It did rain a bit Saturday so we played Sour Apples-to-Apples (which just isn't as fun after you've played Cards Against Humanity) and I Never.

On Sunday, which was Father's Day, I took my dad (and step-mom) to the River City Rascals game.  Here's Dad posing like a kid...
I told him to smile and he said, you don't smile when you're pitching... true to character haha
We also got a Father Daughter picture

We had a pretty nice time at the game.  Got to see a lot of runs and we had front row tickets (for $10 haha).  It was fun doing an activity instead of just giving a gift and going out to eat.  I think we had a good time.

That about wraps up the weekend - I hope everyone else had a pretty awesome weekend too!



No comments: