Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Weekend in Review: Family Friendly

Let's see... how did my weekend start out?

Oh... that's right... I took off a couple of hours early (had some comp time) to go pick up Bella's meds from the vet.  The thing about medications for dogs I learned is not every vet has all their medication.  We want to get their care transferred to a place that's closer, but it was tricky to find the right balance for Bella's meds (she has a thyroid issue) so we need to keep that in mind.

Either way, she needed stuff now, so I went to pick up the meds in West County knowing that we'll figure out a different solution (Petmeds.com or closer vet) soon... but hey, I got to leave work early, that was nice!

When I got home I came home to a not pretty sight... or smell for that matter.  The dogs (wasn't sure at that point which one... but spoiler alert - it was both) had gotten sick... diarrhea sick... about 5 times in different areas of the house.  Of course that was the day I forgot to close the bedroom doors (that have carpets) and one of the messes was in the bedroom... ugh... so I got to cleaning that up...

We went to Home Depot a little later to get a few things... that was exciting, haha.

Friday I was supposed to meet up with Susan, but she hurt her ankle, poor thing.  But it ended up being good, because the dogs were sick and this was I was able to watch them and take them outside a bunch.  They were mostly over whatever made them sick though, so that's good!

That night we went over to my cousin's house to watch the hockey game.  It was fine... nothing too exciting.

Saturday morning I planted some bulbs I had bought and then I met up with my sister and mom.  We didn't really have a plan, but we ended up driving around to a bunch of different places... first we were going to get breakfast at the good crepe place in Clayton, but it was super packed, so we ended up at Crushed Red instead (they love that place now haha).

Then we stopped at a bunch of stores
  • The food place that is like Costco, without the membership... forget the name, but pretty neat place
  • Value Village (on Watson) to look for chairs (no luck)
  • The antique mall next to Value Village to just look
  • The thrift store that used to be the Barnes and Noble on Watson to look for chairs (no luck)
  • Goodwill on Watson for chairs (no luck)
  • Home Depot for pumpkins
  • Sappington Garden Market (to look at Christmas decorations but not out yet)
  • Value Village in Fenton for chairs (found one yes!)
  • Garden Ridge for Halloween and Christmas decorations (we get things for the grave sites and Garden Ridge has good stuff, but you have to look early otherwise it's picked over)
  • Sonic for drinks
  • and finally thrift store at Lemay and Lindbergh for chairs (no luck)
I came back home and had a couple of hours to kill... so I put up my Halloween decorations I bought.



I then headed up to my dad's house to watch the Cardinals game.  I love spending time with him, and watching him watch a Cardinals game is pretty entertaining if I do say so myself.  We've done it a lot in years past.  He's an emotional roller coaster I can tell you that much!  Luckily they won that game, so ended well (although the Cards have lost the two following that... yeesh)

Dad's "game face" (his words)
Sunday was a pretty low key day... did exciting things like grocery shop and laundry... I did make chili different than I normally do... so that was fun... and we rented Now You See Me from Redbox, it was pretty good (different than I thought, but good).

Overall it was a nice weekend filled with relaxing and stuff.

1 comment:

dsdddwddgdd said...

the decorations look cute. i like the dogs in the door......ha i really enjoy your blog posts! keep them coming!