Monday, October 7, 2013

Happy Humps

I totally missed my review of last weekend... so stay tuned for that as well as one for this past weekend.  Normally in cases like this I just combine them, but two weekends ago was pretty full of interesting things and even though I did a day in pictures I'd really like to share about the weekend in it's entirety... hopefully I remember the details.

Anywho... this past weekend was pretty full as well, but before I get to that I really wanted to share some purchases I made.  My mom and I went to the Antique Mall (among other places) and both of us made some good purchases.  I thought I'd share with you the things that I got.

First, I've been casually looking for a Q-Tip holder for that bathroom.  I thought it would be neat to find a small container at an antique mall or the like for the bathroom to hold Q-Tips.  I've seen this done very cutesy on blogs and such.  I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted, but looking for cute, small containers was fun.  We saw a couple of contenders but this ended up winning!

So cute
It's technically a toothpick holder, but I love the bright blue and the details on the glass.  I keep moving it from the back of the toilet to the sink... I'm not sure where I'll end up liking it better, but loving it in the bathroom!

My second find we saw pretty quickly... and I fell in love pretty darn fast.  I mean it's a camel plant holder - how freaking adorable is he??

What day is it?
I kept walking past it and really wanted to get him... but being $45 it was just not in the cards.  We went back one last time for me to say goodbye... and the owner of the stand just happened to be standing there.  He caught my admiring the camel and told me he was just about to put him on sale... um what?  I asked how much and he said $24... sold!!  I told him I'd gladly take him for that price.  I was so happy it just worked out that perfectly.  My mom admitted she was going to come back for him for a Christmas gift... much like my jaguar.  But now he's already living at my house.

He is a planter... so I guess he could go outside, but I'm not sure I want that... right now he's sitting in the mostly empty dining room in the corner... He will find his perfect spot eventually.

I know I have a different kind of style... and I like that.  But seriously even if you wouldn't put him in your house, doesn't he make you smile?

1 comment:

dsdddwddgdd said...

he makes ME smile..........i'm not sure which makes me smile more though.........the camel, or the man in a barrel that i bought