Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Weekend in Review - Quick Trip

This is the Weekend in Review for September 27-29... hopefully I remember all the good details.

I can't really remember what I did on September 27th (which by the way is my half birthday).  I think that I didn't do anything... actually I'm pretty sure that's precisely what I did... and it was awesome.  I watched TV, I took a nap, I cleaned the bathroom, packed... it was great.

That night though Dan and I stayed in (he didn't want to go over to my cousin's house since they were watching the baseball game... silly boy).  Instead we made some food... and by we I mean Dan.

He made the corn all pretty!
We had cheeseburgers with bacon on a pretzel bun and corn on the cob.  It was delicious!!

In the morning I got up and left for my mom's house.  You can see my Saturday in pictures here.  Since I already posted those pictures I'll give you some different ones from my mom's camera.

We went to a wedding of a close family friend on Saturday.  She got married down at Lake of the Ozarks where they live.  This is a family I've known my entire life... actually their oldest daughter is exactly two months older than me.  They have all D names which I thought was fun (but would never do myself) Don, Donna, Diane, Debra, Daniel, and Dustin.  Diane is the one that's near my age and it was Debra's wedding (she conveniently married a D too - David).

My uncle Steve was good friends with Don as a kid... and we've always stayed in touch.  My uncle passed away 16 years ago come November.  I'm not sure how much I've talked about it on this blog but my uncle was a pretty great guy and a lot of his friends still remain in touch with our family.  Don hugged my grandma when we got to the wedding and she started to cry.  I asked her later what he said to make her cry and she said that he called her 'mom'... how sweet.

The wedding was very sweet.  You could tell they did things on a budget, but everything was very nice.  She obviously put a lot of thought into the wedding.  The food was surprisingly very good too. 

The family is also just so easy to be around.  It's like you fit right in.  Every time we hang out with them, it's like why don't we hang out more often!!

Overall I'm really happy we were able to come (originally Lindsey and I weren't invited, but my mom wrote on the response card that we would love to come if they had room and we got the ok).  We had a lot of fun hanging out together, seeing the K's and celebrating the wedding.

Here's Lindsey, me, and Grandma with Diane... she's crazy, but really likable.
A group shot... Grandma looking off into the distance haha
A slightly blurry selfie
Grandma eating pickles - they had pickles on all the tables and she downed nearly all of them.
They had a photo with some props so we took our own pictures.
 


There was one (maybe gay) guy that really enjoyed dancing so I got drug out to the dance floor with him numerous times.  He spun me and stepped on my toes quite a bit, but it was fun nonetheless

He even got Lindsey to dance
 
 
We headed back to the hotel and spent the night.  Lindsey and I shared a pull out couch and it was pretty terrible haha... but at least it was just one night!
 
We grabbed breakfast at the hotel restaurant and then hit the road.
 
When I realized we were near Jefferson City I told my mom we should stop at Central Dairy for ice cream... which we totally did.
 
 
The ice cream was delicious!!  Lindsey and I each got something different and then shared.  I got Caramel Caribou and she got Rainbow Sorbet, both were good, but the caramel one was better!

We dropped grandma back off at home and then randomly decided we could make it to the StrangeFolk Festival.  This is my fourth year, mom's third year and Lindsey's second year.  While we didn't buy anything I think we would have regretted not going. (Here's some things I got last year...)

Finally I ran by the grocery store and headed home.  It was a wonderful weekend spent with some fabulous people!!

1 comment:

dsdddwddgdd said...

i'm glad you blog about these times. it was a MOST enjoyable weekend!!