Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Leverage

Okay... so I listen to the radio while I am at work. It accomplishes two goals... it helps pass the time and it drowns out the incredibly annoying people in the IRA Tax Reporting section that is in the next row over... these people seriously talk about food all the time and have the most random conversations that I do not think are "work appropiate"... I mean I actually heard one of them say "your baby mama's fiance" today... if I didn't have the radio I would want to pull my hair out.

Anyway... back to the point of the post... I list to the radio... and naturally there are commercials... a lot of them are really silly... but this one stood out to me. It's a commercial for a TV show on TNT called Leverage. I'm not exactly sure what the TV show is about but I guess it stars an academy award winner... either way they had a quote from a critic... "better than the last two Ocean's Eleven movies"

Here's my problem... Is this the best critic quote they could find about this show? I mean this quote does not make me want to watch the show... I mean it if was better than the first Ocean's Eleven movie maybe... I mean the first one was a great movie if you ask me... but the second and third? Not so much... were they enjoyable? Yeah... Did they have attractive men in them? Oh hells yeah... but were they good movies... not really. I think that my opinion on this matter is pretty standard... actually it might be more positive than the average person. So my point is why did TNT decide to use that quote? Seriously? Every time I hear the commercial I wonder why...

No comments: