Monday, December 22, 2008

Living it Up

This weekend was pretty darn good...

It all started out on Friday when I took a half day (my last 4 hours of PTO) I went home feeling horrible (headache and stomach ache) and crawled into bed with Chad... we slept nearly the entire afternoon away. After we woke up we headed out and got food and then did a little grocery shopping for some party food and cookies we had to make. I made the cookie dough that night. We went out with some friends on Friday night. I was the only girl... it was a strange night... involving a lot of 'guy talk'... I guess I never realized there was actually guy talk... I mean I've had guy friends and talked the talk with them, but this was different... and strange for that matter... I mean I got into it and all but when it first started happening it was like whoa! It was a very fun night though... until I got way too drunk all of a sudden... but that happens to the best of us...

Saturday I (somehow) dealt with the hungover early. And spent the day baking cookies
and making the party food for my dad's Christmas thing later that night. We made chili cheese dip and buffalo chicken dip... both were dee-li-cious. I also decorated a picture frame for a friend of Chad that he wants to give his wife for Christmas We took a quick power nap and the woke up and when over to dad's.


It was a very fun night... we played catch phrase and ate tons of food and opened presents. I got a GPS (not sure why I want one... they are really pretty cool, but I'm not the get lost type), a pretty sweater, and brown flats (which I'm wearing today). I also got a chair in a bag (it's pink how cool) and a paper towel holder (Chad's excited about that one) We also got Scene It Second Edition. Overall it was a very nice night... except the whole annoying Nicholas thing, but even that was kinda funny... Oh and the funniest thing in the world when Grandma gave Chad a kiss on the cheek... him being the only one who got this treat... ha.ha.ha

Sunday was pretty low-key. We hung around the house... then got some food... then we went up the Walgreens where I was able to finish some more last minute items... I still have a few to go, but ever nearer. And then Ashley brought the dog over (see other post)...

It was a productive, enjoyable weekend... seemed like we did a lot while also being able to relax... it's very very very nice.

No comments: