Friday, December 5, 2008

Jenn's Survivor Recap

Did you miss me last week? It felt weird not writing anything about Survivor... then again what will I do when the season is over?!? I'm not sure I'll know what to do with myself.

I thought about writing briefly about the recap show, and maybe I should have... the best part about this was getting to see the audition tapes... wasn't Bob's great?!? I like him more week-to-week. The recap also confirmed my feelings for both Randy and Corinne. Corinne is a jerk... she's very self-centered... and frankly does not seem to get it... but more on that later. And Randy's love-affair with his dog... strange.

We join the Nobag tribe (did I ever mention how much that name blows? I mean seriously...) back at camp after one of the most memorable tribal councils EVER. Corinne is all pissy as usual and her and Sugar start having it out about how better to place this game. Between the two of them I really think Sugar's winning that...

At the reward challenge we quickly find out this is the Sprint sponsored family reunion spectacular. Each of the castaways got to see a short clip of their loved ones. It's amazing how emotional they can get from just a short message... I bet it's very uplifting... Bob's wife's was the best... 'I hope you're having the adventure of a lifetime' there's some love... I find it kinda funny here how almost immediately Corinne isn't even in it since no one wanted her on their team... She thinks it's a bad move, but who would want Debbie downer on their team... not I.

I think this challenge proves just how good Bob is... he can last at the physical challenges and I'm not sure anyone can beat him in a puzzle. I mean he solved that sliding puzzle in no time and was in no rush to let Jeff know...

Bob won pizza, beer, and the full message... it was adorable... Peggy (his wife) claimed she wanted to grab something to show him and disappeared on camera... Bob kept wondering where she went and then she surprised him in real life... they are an adorable couple. Bob got to bring her back to camp... with every one's loved ones... it was emotional and totally sweet. I love seeing the love.

Due to editing we didn't see barely any of the loved one chat with Susie, Crystal, or Corinne. Kenny spent his on-air time strategizing with his sister Jenny (okay did anyone else catch the fact his parents named their kids Kenny and Jenny... weird) Sugar and her sister said a prayer and released some of their dad's ashes, and Matty... oh Matty. The girlfriend he's been going on and on about was there... he was so happy I believe he forgot how to talk in complete sentences. I mean the proposal was sweet and all, but was anyone else kinda uncomfortable watching it?

With the loved ones showing up I really noticed how dirty everyone was... I mean compared to the nice clean loved ones the cast looked really grungy...

The immunity challenge involved a question/answer round (where wouldn't you believe it Sugar got all of the questions right) that each correct answer won you a ball. The balls were launched at a giant target in this weird hole thing. It was kinda crazy. Crafty crafty Bob ended up getting his closest to the center and won immunity.

And now the scheming begins... Bob and Corinne hatch this plan that Bob will use his mad skillz to create another fake HII (which looks awesome BTW, did I mention that man is crafty??) to trick some unsuspecting victim to vote with them to get Matty out. They choose Kenny and Crystal. They both think it's a good idea (to get Matty out) and Kenny decides he'll put down Matty's name and Crystal will vote for Corinne to flush out the HII. There's so many issues I have with this plan... for one if Bob DID have the HII why didn't he give it to Randy to keep better numbers? Or why would they need to tell Crystal and Kenny?

Tribal, as always, gets to the issues that are going on in camp... somehow Jeff seems to know exactly what questions to ask what people... hmm, wonder how he's all-knowing... When it comes time for someone to play the HII Kenny gives the death stare at Corinne and Bob... however they don't move. The vote comes down to 4 Corrinne - 3 Matty. Goodbye Corinne (I'll have more on this in a second)

My issue with this is why in the heck would Kenny put himself out there like that? I mean if they really did have a real HII then their votes alone would get Matty out, there's no reason Kenny needed to vote for Matty, I think the whole play was stupid and not thought out... and now you've angered the alliance... I really think this is Kenny showing his head is just getting too big for the game.

Now... finally to Corinne... what a bitter-bad sport!! She kept calling all the other castaways (other than Bob and interestingly enough Kenny) stupid mutants. I mean seriously... you got beat... you were a bitch to be around and they Outwit, Outlast, Outplayed you. And seriously what's the hatred toward Sugar? I mean the girl is smarter than you and she didn't fall under your "spell" even though you thought she did... and the girl found the HII on her first trip... you need to stop judging people... and quit being bitter... she seriously got on my nerves... I think she thinks this is her personality and people just don't get it, however I think she's sadly mistaken... people get it, you're a bitch... and not the good kind.

This season is heating up... who will win? It's really hard for me to call at this point, especially with all the bitter-butts on the jury... it could go anyway!!

No comments: