Friday, November 18, 2011

Hunger Games

I'm not sure if I've mentioned on this blog or not that I read The Hunger Games series.  It's a set of three books and it is so so great.  I read through them so fast.  The first book in the series is probably my favorite.  It is a very interesting read.  The story is set in a post apocalypse world.  There is a Capital the runs everything and has all the wealth.  Then there are 12 districts.  It's interesting because some parts of society are very advanced (hovercrafts, genetic testing, etc) and but the people in the districts are poor and like our heroine hunts for food.

The Capital forces each of the districts to select two children - one male, one female - (between the ages of 12 and 18) to participant in a fight to the death with only one winner, called the Hunger Games.  I know what you might be thinking - why would I want to read a book about children killing each other.  Yes, the concept is kind of crazy, but I'm dead serious when I say this was one of the best series I've read in quite awhile.  And I would recommend reading it before the movie comes out.  Not because the movie looks bad... oh, no, quite the contrary... b/c if you're anything like me you'll appreciate it a lot more before it starts gaining more hype.  I read Twilight waaaay after it became popular and after the first movie was release.  I didn't like Twilight that much... but I think I would have liked it more if I read it before it was super duper trendy.

Anyway... the full trailer for Hunger Games came out last Monday... and it makes me UNBELIEVABLY excited about the movie, which happens to be coming out the weekend before my birthday.  Since I have a few friends that are just as excited I'm hoping we all see it together.

Anyway... take a look at it, and then read the freaking books... you'll thank me someday...

No comments: