Monday, November 7, 2011

Skates

This past weekend felt like it had a bit of a theme - SKATES

Friday night I went to my first hockey game in like seven years (I did the math finally... to the last game I remember going to).  I've been wanting to go for awhile but never got around to buying tickets.  That changed this year and Liz and I went to the game and it was so much fun.  She found us great tickets and it ended up being Cardinal night at the Blues game
This meant they spiced up the night with Cardinals clips, LaRussa, Freese and Carpenter were all there and they even gave buy one get one free hot dogs to people wearing Cardinals apparel.  The Blues ended up winning and the whole night reminded me how fun Blues hockey is... even if I don't know any of the players.

After the game we met up with Liz's fiance and his friends at a bar... overall it was a fabulous night!

Saturday night one of my favorite things returned - ROLLER DERBY!!  You'll remember my obsession with roller girls.  It's back in a new, improved location.  I went with my friend Erica and her girlfriend, Molly and it was just as much fun.  I'm so excited for the next match December 3rd.  If the bouts don't interest you, the people watching sure will.  It's just a relaxed time and I love the crowd.  I still wish I had enough guts to be a roller girl.

Next time I'll try to remember pictures!! For both events.

No comments: