Friday, November 11, 2011

11.11.11

A long long time ago I decided that November 11, 2011 would be a wonderful day for a wedding.  I mean to have the anniversary date of 11-11-11 would be ah-mazing!!

I first thought of getting married that date before I met him... it seemed like good timing.  At that point I wasn't dating anyone nor did I think I would start to be serious with anyone anytime soon (funny how things can just happen like that... something to keep in mind during this time)  November 11, 2011 was far enough away that it made sense.  Meet someone after awhile, date for awhile, have a long engagement and then get married... November 11, 2011.

Of course that was a real long shot... and as life has shown I'm not getting married tomorrow... no big deal.  Although I had a wonderful theme picked up - You're the ONE for me... get it??  I can't say I planned much of the wedding past that though (although I was hoping a family or friend would get married around this time so I could try!)

So today is November 11, 2011... 11-11-11 and it just reminds me of that silly dream.  The date is amazing and we get to celebrate a wonderful holiday today - Veteran's Day.  So remember to keep our nations wonderful Veterans in mind.  They served our country and they are all American heroes in their own way.  Both of my grandpas were veterans, one even served in WWII.  Thank you to everyone who has chosen to serve - I thank you for having the guts to do what I could not do.

So today is a special day regardless of not having a wedding

No comments: