Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Tradition

I know that I've written about this in the past... but that was two years ago and might have people that didn't see the post before, so here's this year's

(looking back that was my 200th post... do you know what this post is?  485!)

Every year for Thanksgiving my mom makes pumpkin cookies.  Then we decorate them.  It's something that I'm sure we looooooved doing as a kid.  And as my mom says, them go from mounds of candy to actual faces and personalities.  It's hard to decorate so many cookies... I mean, you run out of good ideas after like 5 cookies, but you push through and end up with adorable cookies.

It's fun, and at this point we can't stop doing it!  It's a tradition and the families we bring the cookies to depend on them... and would really miss them.  I know it's a pain for my mom at times, but she'll be doing it quite a bit longer (sorry mom)

Here's a picture of this years lovely cookies!
I did the two bottom rows in the picture above... my mom did the two rows on top.  Lindsey's cookies are below and out of site (sorry sis) and I did the ones off to the left.

It's a good time and something I look forward to every year.

SIDE NOTE:  Also, we use to decorate them on the night before Thanksgiving.  Does anyone remember that they use to have magic shows on that night?  Like every year there would be some magic special and it was awesome.  I remember decorating cookies and watching magic.  So much fun!

1 comment:

dsdddwddgdd said...

oh, yes! the magic shows. that secret hooded magician would tell all the magic secrets! ha...fun to remember!